Houstonian Properties - How can this be customer service?

Posted on Tuesday, August 19th, 2008 at 8:26pm CDT by 2bcb1e41

Company: Houstonian Properties

Location: Houston, TX, 77055, US

URL: http://www.HoustonianProperties.com/

When I first communicated with Therese, via e-mail, as she was too busy to speak with me directly, I told her I wanted to work with a realtor who had time to help me find a house. Therese Landa was too busy to meet with me for our first meeting and showing. She passed me off to some unknown guy (realtor?), without asking. I cancelled that meeting with him because I heard her voice in the background giving him instructions. She didn't even have time to talk to me on the phone when she was in the same room! After half our of thinking about it, I left a message on her phone saying I didn't want to work with her.

I was not at home, as I was on my way to our scheduled meeting. When I got home she had sent numerous e-mails. Here is some of the content: "When an agent has 12-20 listings at any given time and 5-10 buyers. My schedule is jammed packed 7am-11pm with actual clients I represent, they are my priority." She also called me names in the e-mail.

There was also this which I guess she sent after my voice mail, keep in mind, I'm not even home at the computer yet(caps are hers):

MY EMAIL AT 5:03PM SPECIFICALLY ASKED YOU NOT TO COMMUNICATE WITH US AGAIN.

I DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR PERSISTENCE IN CALLING ME AT 5:27 PM TO BE RUDE AGAIN.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH US, DO NOT CALL, DO NOT EMAIL.

THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD CLIENTS WHO WORK WITH US AND DESERVE OUR UNDIVIDED ATTENTION.

I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR YOU, OR YOUR HARRASSMENT BECAUSE I CHOSE NOT TO WORK WITH YOU.

I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS.

AGAIN, GOOD LUCK FINDING YOUR HOME.

Therese Landa, REALTOR GRI

HOUSTONIAN PROPERTIES GROUP, LLC

713-934-9599

"Everything she touches turns to SOLD!

I have never met this woman! She doesn't even have time to talk to me when she is in the room with someone on the phone with me. She doesn't have time to keep her first appointment. Scheduling a viewing 24 hours in advance is a "rush". So my first scheduled meeting doesn't make me a client worth her time. Okay. What about my finding the house, my pre-approval, my not being a first-time buyer? Then there is that line she says "It would be an honor to work with you?" In 2 days and only one actual phone conversation 180 degree flip. Okay she decided she didn't like me and she's already too good for me. But she didn't even talk to me to know if I was rude or not! Wow! Harrassment because I left one voice mail after talking some unknown guy who called to tell me she too busy and was sending a last minute fill in? Then there's the well wishes at the end of the nasty e-mail. Creeeeppppyyy.

My advice...stay away from Therese Landa and Houstonian Properties. They are way too busy to show up...forget thoughts of customer service, Houstonian Property is really just too good for all that. Again...ccccreeeeppy.

therese l., 2009-08-04, 11:06PM CDT

Hello,

I am Therese Landa Broker/Owner of Houstonian Properties. This lady called the office phone. It is my job as the Owner to delegate the lead calls as they come in.

She was very aware that I personally would not be helping her. But that someone in our company who had the time to help her would be.

I did not call her names, if I did, I am sure she would have published them.

I do very much understand what customer service is, however, I work on client service first. Clients, people I represent in writing, to whom I owe undivided attention, get my time. When a customer calls, if I can not make them a client or help personally. All I can do is give them to someone who can. That is service.

The week she called I got 2 new listings and closed 10 homes. I also lost an 11 year old. So I was a little busy to take on a new client.

I am not sure why this lady is so upset that she would try to tarnish my good name. But I have all the emails and her nasty messages saved.My Standard business practice.

I really do wish every buyer luck in finding their home. It is a difficult process. I wish the best for everyone.

Even this unhappy lady.

If you read this whole dissertation. I appreciate you getting to the end of it. If you have any questions, please call me 713-934-9599.

Have a Fantastic Day!

Therese Landa, Broker, Realtor, GRI

HOUSTONIAN PROPERTIES

d7d6b586, 2009-10-31, 11:33AM CDT

I would agree with the person's complaint. I was attempting to purchase a home from one of Therese's clients. Everything was going great, the home was a dream come true, but as soon as we got to ironing out the details, Therese turned ugly. This is an excerpt from the email:

"Either your buyers want the house or they don't. Please send the amendment for $1000 off the price and the non-realty items over. She will sign it. You are beating a Dead Horse.....SHE IS DEMANDING FOR ME TOMORROW ... to put the house back on the market, you are wasting her time and stressing her out. She wants a signed agreement tonight, she is done."

The issue that we brought up the "Dead Horse" is that when we measured the home it came up as being 300 sq feet smaller than what it was listed for, and we were afraid it would not appraise for the sale price. Rather than trying to work out the deal, Therese sent these kind of obnoxious emails and did not return phone calls for the next few days. Unfortunately, we had to terminate the contract because Therese would not discuss this issue. She just kept sending over comps that proved she was right and we were wrong. I think that if you have a choice, she is not a good choice to represent you. She spends a lot of time creating fires, blowing smoke, and sending important sounding emails, rather than making the deal happen.

f9a904f7, 2013-02-08, 04:57AM CST

Therese Landa here again. This is simply a situation of a buyer and seller not seeing eye to eye. This buyer wants someone to blame because the deal did not go through. However, THIS TRANSACTION DID COME TOGETHER AND CLOSE. The buyer failed to follow up and let you know that. A week after the deal blew up due to the tax record square footage and appraiser square footage being different. The buyer came back with a realistic reasonable offer and the seller accepted. I can not fail to communicate or I can not make a living. I only communicate what the client wants, the buyer did not care for the the communication.

I can not make a living blowing smoke and creating fires. My only goal in a Real Estate transaction is to get the buyer and seller to closing. Which in this case, we did get closed, the buyer did get their dream home.

f9a904f7, 2013-02-08, 04:58AM CST