Ankeny Group, Inc - Dell Financial Servcies Complaints

Posted on Monday, August 18th, 2008 at 12:23pm CDT by efec99fc

Product: Computer

Company: Ankeny Group, Inc

Location: Omaha, NE, 68137, US

I purchased a laptop computer and financed it through a business account with Dell Financial Services. In July 2008, I decided to pay off the remaining balance and attempted to make a payment on the DFS web site. However, I could not log on which I found out later DFS still had my old phone number and email address which I had changed with them months earlier.

I had to make a couple of phone calls to have the information on their web site updated so I could log on and make the final payment.

I was not able to log on after a period of 2 3 weeks. In the meantime, DFS charged me a late fee and began calling me several times a day.

The major complaint I have is when I answer the calls from 800-667-9887, no one was on the other end of the call. Then search this number on the internet and found out it was Dell and many people were complaining. So I called the DFS number on my statement and paid off the balance on the phone with checking account information.

After I paid off the balance, the 800-667-9887 number called me again the next day and again no one was one the other end of the call even after I waited for a few minutes. So I hung up and called the number back. The person who answered the call could not find my account. I did not have the account number but I did have all the other information. He recommended I all Customer Service.

After an hour later talking to 5 different people and insisting that my account be closed and to have DFS stop calling, my problem was solved.

Dell waived the late charge fee and the pay by phone fee.

However, I wasted about 4 hours of my time over a 3 week period.

I have purchased Dell computers for many years and as an IT consultant, recommend Dell to my clients.

However, after this experience with DFS, I plan to buy my next computer from HP or someone other company.

c2678cab, 2010-11-18, 04:44AM CST

Same thing happened to me. I paid in full, then got another statement that I owed $20. They didn't back down and went to collections. That was in 2004, the balance they say I owe is as of now 11/2010 at $87. Furthermore they recently updated this so called debt, and the credit bureau's will take it off in 4 or 5 more years. I call this Highway Robbery!.