Verizon - verizon steals from disabled widow

Posted on Friday, August 15th, 2008 at 10:14am CDT by 42087366

Product: verizon online services

Company: Verizon

Location: PO Box 12045
TRENTON, NJ, 08650-2045, US

URL: http://www.verizon.net/

Category: Telecommunications

verizon over charged me $70.98. My husband passed away in August of 2007. I paid all the bills in his name and closed out all his accounts. I found that verizon overcharged me and informed them. I have since called every month to try and retrieve my refund. in may of 2008 I finally received a check, however it was already ten months since he had passed and all his accounts were closed including his estate account . I was not able to cash the check they have been giving me the run around ever since and have basically told me its my problem . the fact that they made the mistake in the first place,and waited ten months to send the check is the reason Im out $70.98 in addition I have been lied to , passed from person to person, hung up on and promised return callls that never came.their attatude is oh well we messed up but theres nothing we can do about it. just cash the check we gave you. I explained that according to my bank its not leagle. also they should never have written the check to my husband since they already had a copy of his death certifacate. they told me and I quote. Just try to cash it. we cant help u.

f7b2d105, 2008-12-15, 11:39AM CST

Verizon is attempting to get monies out of me that I do not owe. I dropped all their services in August of 2008; have spent over 40 hours on the phone with them (most of which were in India); and I want to turn them over to FCC. They don't care. I do not recommend them to anyone.

06de24ca, 2010-05-14, 11:39PM CDT

I would never use verizon, they change my plan with out telling me and I got a bill for $700.00 bill, when I called them they told me that it was my fault. They are very rude. I went down to the local store and picked for 3 days before they would take the charges off. Guess you have to be a butt like them to get anything done. But I ended up changing to atnt.