Ashley Furniture - Still don't have furniture

Posted on Wednesday, August 13th, 2008 at 5:52pm CDT by f2abdb3a

Product: sofa, love seat, ottoman

Company: Ashley Furniture

Location: Turkey Creek
Knoxville, TN, US

I bought a sofa, love seat, and ottoman from Ashley Furniture on June 7 and paid in full by check. I was promised delivery in 3-6 weeks. It has now been 10 weeks and still no furniture. I have been told for the past 4 weeks that it would be "next week." On Monday, Aug 1, I was told my furniture was scheduled to be on the truck delivered today, Aug 3. Guess what -- this evening I was told it would be "the end of the month." THREE MONTHS for delivery, and they have had my cash for the entire time. Excuses have ranged from a merger, increase in gas prices, not enough stock in Ashley's central warehouse, ottoman was on back order. I have found the exact same set on other furniture stores' websites, and they all guarantee delivery in 2-3 weeks -- so why can't Ashley deliver their own furniture in the same time? I have gotten 3 very nice customer service reps (which is the only reason I have kept my calm so far) and 2 not nice at all. All my future furniture purchases will be by credit card and NOT at Ashley Furniture.

1a21f60a, 2008-12-11, 08:32PM CST

I purchased a bistro set from the same store on 9/22/2008. As of today, 12/11/2008, i still have n furniture, although I paid for the table in full at time of purchase. i reported them to the BBB,and I wish I would've checked there first. They aren't a member, and they have an F rating. Same types of complaints.