Norton / Symantic - Norton / Symantic charges for unnecessary services

Company: Norton / Symantic

Location: 20330 Stevens Creek Blvd. Cupertino, CA 95014
Cupertino, CA, 95014, US

URL: http://symantic.com/

1. I had a message popping up from AntiVirusNT2008 which a Yahoo article describes as very bothersome but non-malicious.

2. I ran Norton 2005 which had all virus defs current. I have a subscription and I ran an update just before doing the scan.

3. I decided to upgrade to 360 v2 - - paid $59.xx - also paid $8 for 1 year maint or something - - downloaded the program and attempted to run. - - Instructions said to first un-install old Norton programs through Windows Control Panel program. I did this. It appeared to be a clean un-install of Norton 2005.

4. Started install of downloaded 360 V2 - - the installation failed.

5. Downloaded Norton Un-install tool - - and ran

6. Attempted 360v2 installation again - - it failed again.

7. Got on Norton Support Chat - - about 7:45 pm - asking for help installing new softare. Got transferred to several people - - a couple tried installation.

8. Someone said the problem was virus infection - - I paid $99 for "consultant" to remove virus -

9. Transferred back to another technician to do installation. He worked on it quite a while without success. He finally stopped trying and stopped responding.

Now it is 2:55 am the next morning and my software is still not installed. I doubt that I needed the virus removed - - if the software was installed that would have taken care of it.

My priority # was 489323583 - - I am too tired to look up the receipt number for the $59 software or the $99 'consultant fee' - -

Since I was instructed to remove Norton 2005 I now have no virus protection!

-John Goodfriend-