Olson Powersports - Ripped when trying to buy an atv

Posted on Tuesday, April 29th, 2008 at 4:11pm CDT by 18338ed7

Product: 110 cc atv

Company: Olson Powersports

Location: 664 S. Seguin Ave.
New Braunfels, Te, 78130, US

I found this company online and ordered a four wheeler for my 8 yr old daughter. They told me it would arrive a week from the day I talked to them. (4/25/08). The day I called to make sure there was someone to answer the phone - and I ordered it from Brandon- that was the first and last time I have gotten any one on the phone. The four wheeler never arrived and no one will answer my calls or emails.

1e43476f, 2008-05-15, 11:04AM CDT

I am having the same problem with a moped I ordered online.

Did you ever recieve the four wheeler?

I am thinking at this point to dispute the charge and get my money back.

18338ed7, 2008-05-16, 11:11AM CDT

YES - after several more calls- and emails with no one ever answering or emailling me back- I finally got it but it is not the one that I ordered and I think the tank is leaking. So I am about to start trying to get something on there so called " 2 year warranty" .

74be565b, 2009-07-18, 03:27PM CDT

They hosed me back in September '08. I offered the guy a 5% markup so I could use my CC. Thank God I did! They sent the wrong scooter & then tried to hide from me. After several weeks, I disputed the charge & it was eventually reversed. The puke actually had the nerve to "rebut" my complaint on the "Ripoff Reports" site, saying that I smashed it up before returning it. I have a "Received in Good Condition" notice from Dayton Freight with Brandon Olson's signature. How he's still in business, much less on the street, I'll never know. Their answering machine allegedly takes no messages but there's a "record" tone that follows the message. I used it 2-3 times a day "til my CC company reversed the charges. There's an online video somewhere that shows him jumping a dune on an ATV. Maybe one of these days we'll find an online video of him behind bars with Bubba! Good luck!

56640c86, 2010-02-06, 11:03PM CST

My problem is so much like this, I found the company on line and ordered a moped for my daughters birthday. they had me do a bank to bank wire with cash and promised the bike would be here in three days, well that was a month ago, they will not answer my calls and my daughter is so dissapointed, there is not a day go by that she crys. she has been wanting this moped for over two years, I dont know what to do next. any ideas................

0780d6c7, 2010-06-07, 04:20PM CDT

Very similar thing happened to me. I ordered an ATV from Brandon Olson (Olson PowerSports) on May 16, 2010. Mr. Olson asked if I'd use a e-check instead of Credit Card. I assumed to defray the fee he'd incur from Visa. I was willing to do this since he had agreed to lower his advertised website price for the vehicle.

Mr. Olson assured me that he had the ADA-250D model in stock and ready for immediate delivery. He told me that I should expect delivery within one-week of the funds clearing his bank account.

My bank records show that the funds were deposited into his bank account on May 18.

I've tried repeatedly to contact Mr. Olson by phone and email for status of my order. He has refused to reply to my requests for status and shipping tracking information.

Don't buy from this guy!!!

0780d6c7, 2010-06-07, 04:24PM CDT

On May 16, 2010, Mr. Olson contacted me by phone to complete my on-line order and obtain my credit card information for payment. At that time Mr. Olson reconfirmed that he had a black ADA-250D in stock ready for immediate delivery for the total price of $1,150 (with free shipping and a free 3 year warranty). He asked if I would use a check instead of credit card. I assumed it was to defray the fee he would incur from Visa. I was willing to do this since he had accommodated a reduction in his previously posted website price. Mr. Olson assured me that the vehicle would be shipped immediately after the funds had been deposited into his bank and should take no more than a week for delivery to my home.

My bank records show that the funds were deposited to Mr. Olson's bank account on May 18, 2010. Based on Mr. Olson's shipping commitment to me this would mean I should have received the vehicle on or about May 25. When I had not received the vehicle by June 1, I requested shipment tracking information utilizing the link included on the Olson PowerSport website. Since I had not received a reply back within 24 hours, I tried to contact Mr. Olson on June 2 by phone leaving a voice message requesting status and a tracking number for the shipping. I followed up with an email to him that same day.

I received no response and then began calling twice a day and sending repeated email requests for status and tracking information for my shipment. Since ordering the vehicle on May 16, Mr. Olson has not returned my email or phone message requests for status.

After repeated attempts to contact Mr. Olson for status I began checking into possible Better Business Bureau claims. I was alarmed to find out that Olson PowerSports had a BBB rating of F with a total of 89 complaints within the past 36 months. What was more troubling is the fact that there were 47 claims alleging delay of ordered merchandise. Of the 47 delivery related claims, 27 have gone unresolved.

On June 5 fearing that I had been duped in what I considered to be a good faith business transaction between me and Olson PowerSports, I sent an email to Mr. Olson requesting a full refund of my purchase price.

1f5df5f3, 2010-08-26, 11:59AM CDT

Somehow during my research of the Olson Power Sports company, I did get see these negative reviews until after we ordered from this same company. We also have not received our product, cannot get anyone to return a call, or respond to an email. Please go to https:complaint.ic3.gov and file a fraud complaint so that we can try to get this guy before he takes anyone else. I am going try to send this email to everyone I see listed that has claimed to be scammed. If we get enough complaints filed with the internet fraud crime department, they will go after him which is my goal. I filed a complaint yesterday. Feel free to reply.

1f5df5f3, 2010-08-26, 12:01PM CDT

1f5df5f3, 2010-08-26, 12:07PM CDT

e00270ee, 2010-12-08, 06:01PM CST

The Texas Attorney General Froze all their assets today and is suing them under the Deceptive Trade Practices law. https://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=3563

4ea9663d, 2010-12-08, 07:14PM CST

I am very pleased to read the suit filed against the Olson's. I bought my daughter a four wheeler for Christmas and the plastic body work was broken, the battery was leaking acid all over parts, I had to tap out all eight bolt holes in the front hub just to install the tires. The clutch strater plug was the wrong size( too small) so they put electrical tape around it to make it seem like it worked. The front bumper and front luggage racks bolt pattern did not match so i had to cut and bend theses parts. Also I confirmed with the sales associate that they had purple in stock and he confirmed he did. They shipped me a pink one. I waited 14 days before I heard from anyone at Olson. I made many calls to only get a full voice message. These people are CROOKS!!!

ec1c62e3, 2010-12-14, 11:37AM CST

Same problem here...we ordered a 4 wheeler last week and paid by check by phone. Was told we'd get shipping info in 2 days. No response to emails and unable to reach them by phone. I tried to stop payment but they used a totally different check number from what I gave them, and a different company name. Now my bank can't do anything. I finally got a response today that their assets are frozen and their hands are tied. So I am out over $600 and will have no 4 wheeler under the tree!

89fc6481, 2010-12-17, 08:15PM CST

Same situation. I bought a dirt bike for Christmas on black Friday. 12-14 days to deliver is what I was told when I spoke to the guy on the phone. Today I finally recieve an e-mail from them that all assets were frozen!!! The bank can't help because it was an electronic check. I am so disgusted!!! Does anyone know what needs to be done to get the money back ($635) now that charges have been filed?