EZ Lube - EZ Lube - Burbank, CA

Posted on Tuesday, April 29th, 2008 at 7:35pm CDT by 00285d95

Product: oil change

Company: EZ Lube

Location: 2420 W. Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA, 91506-2630, US

URL: http://ezlube.com/

Having gone to EZ Lube in the past, when it came time to get another oil change, I decided to go to them again (which might have been my first mistake).

Likewise, I had my choice of two coupons; one from EZ Lube for $12 off their regular service and another from the various flyers that arrive in the mail for a $19 oil change. Since the coupon directly from EZ Lube had expired on 4/25/08, I used the second one (that expired on 4/26/08). From the first few moments at EZ Lube (Burbank 2420 W. Olive Ave.) the service tech was trying to 'upsell' me. First it was some nonsense about an 'oil flush' -- then later, as I waited, it was another service tech telling me about the 'transmission fluid'...then when I finally was ready to leave, after they had done the oil change, they tried to get me to have some type of 'radiator' flush?!

Now I don't know if this is standard at the Burbank EZ Lube I went to (but I did find on the internet, how due to recent troubles with the CA DA's office, they had to install cameras and forbid service techs from 'upselling'...so obviously, someone didn't get the memo about this at the Burbank location) but due to their constant efforts to sell me anything other than just an oil change (and a discounted one at that), I ending up waiting longer than customers who had arrived after me. In fact, it took them 30 minutes to change my oil and there was only ONE car (in my service lane) before me when I arrived.

Suffice it to say, I'll be thinking twice about going to either this EZ Lube or EZ Lube in general in the future.

f2af2efa, 2009-01-21, 11:29PM CST

It's ironic, because I've experienced the same thing. I went there on Jan 12th, 09, and we just went in for a simple oil change, of course using the coupon, but the ended up giving us this long list of things that needed to be done, also transmission fluid etc which totaled to about $500.00. I went there before, same thing. I question their honesty. I do not want to go back there.