Ryanair LTD - Ryanair unfair money grabbers!

Posted on Thursday, April 24th, 2008 at 10:10am CDT by 72924ba6

Product: Flight

Company: Ryanair LTD

Location: Customer Services Dept Ryanair Head Office Dublin Airport Co Dublin & Ryanair Refunds Dept Ryanair Head Office Dublin Airport Co Dublin
Dublin, Ir, IE

URL: http://www.ryanair.com/

I recently made a booking with Ryanair flying from London Stansted to Rome Ciampino on Wednesday 19th March 2008 (Flight number FR3002). The flight was scheduled to depart at 6.10am.

When I arrived at the check-in desk at 5.32am aware that it should have closed 40 minutes prior to departure I assumed I had therefore missed my flight.

However, the agent at the check-in desk accepted me on the flight and proceeded with my admission.

By the time I had finished the check-in it was already 5.37, I then made my way to the Security Control/Departure Gates entrance.

The queue started from outside the actual Boarding card and liquids first control. I kindly asked if I could jump the queue but I was refused. By the time I passed the Security control including the footwear control it was already 5.56.

At this point I began my run to Gate number 54 (the last Gate of the Airport) without stopping. I arrived at this Gate at 6.05. The Gate was now closed and I was not allowed onto the flight.

I strongly believe that if YOU allow a passenger to a late check in, it is your responsibility to give them enough time to arrive at the Gate.

This situation put me under a great deal of stress having to go back to the help desk and having to speak to very rude customer service agents, who advised me to pay 257.62 to be able to get onto the next available flight.

I then asked to speak to a supervisor who tried to help me with my issue but I was then told that according to Ryanair terms and conditions I had enough time to arrive at the gate. Even though I had just explained that I could not in fact make it because the time given was just not enough to make it to that specific gate.

Following that conversation I then had to wait 2 extra hours to collect my luggage and missed the next flight to Rome, which luckily hadnt been booked yet.

Later on that day I then managed to book Flight FR3006 to Rome Ciampino departing at 12.45pm. I had at this stage been in the Airport for 7 hours and missed a very important business meeting, thus resulting in a substantial loss of earnings.

I have asked for a refund but Ryanair Customer Service keep ignoring that the time given to reach the gate WAS NOT ENOUGH and keep sendimg me emails apologizing and that they cannot accept liability in this occasion.

RIGHT...

THIS IS RYANAIR FAVOURITE RULE:

GET PEOPLE TO CHECK IN 40MINS PRIOR DEPARTURE, AFTER 5 MINS LOST AT THE CHECK IN DESK,MAKE THEM QUEUE FOR 20 MINUTES TO BE ABLE TO START THE RUN TO THE LAST GATE WWHICH IT TAKES AT LEAST OTHER 10 MINS, AND HOPE THAT THEY ARRIVE ON TIME!!GUESS WHAT? THE GATE CLOSES 5MINS BEFORE DEPARTURE...OOPSS THEY HAVE NOT MADE IT!! THAT'S A SHAME, LET THEM BUY ANOTHER FLIGHT FOR A RIDICOLOUS PRICE!!

What do you think?