Blinds to Go Inc - Do not stand by the guarantee !!!!

Posted on Thursday, April 24th, 2008 at 1:59pm CDT by Anonymous

Product: Blinds

Company: Blinds to Go Inc

Location: 1260 Nixon Drive
Mt Laurel, NJ, 08054, US

URL: http://www.blindstogo.com /

I visited the Mount Laurel Blinds to go store on April 4th 2008, at which time I purchased

Two (2) cellular shades for a total of $516.17

During the initial in store consultation I explained to the sales representative that my windows are 88 length & 53wide.

However the 53 inches was very tight & I think the shade needs to be NO larger than 52.5 as I was very worried that the blind would not fit if it were any larger.

Jennifer (the sales representative) said the standard recommendation is that they will take of & this would more than suffice to ensure they fit.

I explained I was still not sure about that, she assured me they were the "experts" & that was the standard recommendation.

I made the purchase & signed paperwork on the understanding that would happen is I would go home & double check the measurements & call back to confirm before they made the product.

I called back & explained my feelings were the "same" the blinds needed to be NO larger than 52.5 to ensure they fit. I then requested that as the windows had a metal edge that was fairly thick we should go with 52 inches just to be on the safe side.

At the end of the call I was advised that the blinds would be available in approx 48 hours.

On April 14th I had not heard from anyone at blinds to go & as such called to find out what was going on with my order. I was advised that someone tried to contact me but didn't get through.

My question to this statement is why wouldn't they attempt to call me more than once if they did not succeed the first time in contacting me?

Having received no message I obtained a copy of my cell phone bill with all incoming & outgoing calls listed. There was a call listed form Blinds to go on April 12th 2008 @ 9:55am.

Clearly this is NOT 48 hours - I had to wait 9 days to find out my product was ready & ONLY found out because I called them.

As per the Blinds to go guarantee I should have been given the option of canceling the order with a full prompt refund. I was NOT given this option.

So I picked up the blinds & when I got them home not only were they not what I asked for but they were 53 inches in width.

When I returned to the store furious that not only had I been lied to about how long the product would take but I was given an incorrect size.

Jennifer's response was well you signed off on 52 & so if you are not happy with that you never should have signed.

By that rationale the whole purpose of having the customer call back to double check the measurements is completely & utterly futile.

I was expecting to get what we discussed during the "CONFRIMATION" phone call, not what Jennifer recommended during the in-store consultation.

My customer service experience with blinds to go has been nothing short of horrendous. I have been sold a product that not only does not meet the specifications I requested but is utterly useless to me, Buyer Beware.