Metro PCS - Very unhappy with Metro PCS. Absolutely Worthless

Company: Metro PCS

Location: 5001 Main St # 109
The Colony, Tx, 75056, US

URL: http://metropcs.com/

My secretary will re-post this everyday first thing after clocking in. Untill I feel I have cost Metro and affiliates a worrisome amount of business. The power of ten will always bring down BAD business.

I bought a new ZTE phone from this location and had it all of three weeks total. I upgraded my plan to internet and bought insurance. Both a huge waste of money. The internet was impossible to use, and well, I ll get into the insurance later. JUST DONT BUY IT!!

The units battery didnt charge all the way brand new out of the box. And the speaker blew and now sounds scratchy after turning the volume up all the way with it on its first day.

I went in finally to the store I purchased it in and the two idiots behind the desk proceeded to find everything imagiable wrong with the phone. Inventing evidence. They made every excuse possible to NOT help with the situation at hand. Everything from dropping it, to getting it dirty, and of course misuse. The most upsetting part about the issue is, I wasnt blaming them for anything! Nor did I want a new phone. I wanted to get a battery for it. It didnt even last a month. The phone was $100. Not alot of money at all.

This store is run by a franchisee owner who doesnt care. Service after the sale is a joke and going there is a waste of gas. Fueled by greed and hungry for money, your voice will go unheard, and issue unsolved. Hopefully he will go broke on this business endeavor, lock the doors, go out of business, and maybe learn something along the way.

To end this horrible ordeal I received a hand written number to call since I did make a mistake and purchased insurance. When I called the insurance company, they also said I damaged the phone, without seeing the phone at all they were able to determine I damaged the charging port. Asurion was the company that insured my phone. They immediately asked for a credit card to pay a deductable to cover my new phone. A bunch of crooks!

Service with Metro PCS is terrible as well. When I called them to ask if they knew about how business is being done with their name, they didnt care.

The lesson here to Metro store owners. If you sell it, back it up. If you dont our economy will weed you out. One unhappy customer will loose you ten! Now THAT is the power of ten!

Good luck to those who walk in that store. I hope this helps somebody.

18e2e86d, 2008-05-21, 01:17PM CDT

My calls were dropping constantly,you pay for what you get. I had to leave my duplex in order to talk on the phone as in walk down the street to get a signal. I live in a metro area with towers all around. I took the phone in to complaint and a young gal say's your phone must have moisture in it thats "why its not working right"I told her no way the phone is crap. She said no refunds on service. Called my Credit card and disputed the charge and they took the charge off. Im free from METRO PCS after months of horrible service. Im now with Sprint BOOST phone its the same phone plan as a METRO PCS plan. a motorola phone month to month and the service is great as of yet with a much nicer phone.

adda505a, 2008-07-10, 11:27AM CDT

I too recently went to Metro-PCS to purchase 2 phones. After having the phones for less than a month I called their 800# to inquire about the ring tone issue I was having. 1st) could not find my #'s.

2) when they did they told me I did not have that ability on my phone.

3) explained my husbands flip-phone was not working correctly. I showed them & they too seen the problem but only offered to give me another phone @ a cheaper price.

I have decided I will go with another wireless carrier (NOT at&t,T-Mobile) these two companies are a complete & utter rip-off. (i worked for sbc-at&t for 8 yrs) TRUST ME ON THAT!!!!!

d285a3e1, 2009-01-27, 06:16PM CST

I fully understand your frustration. I am a senior computer consultant in the Northern San Francisco Area. I purchased a Samsung r410 phone along with several others for the 5 phone Family plan that is supposed to have everything. i need a full keyboard phone with camera for my business. after several months of trying to get pictures off my phone to my computer, including buying the expensive "special data cable and software" i find out that even tho my phone has the capibility of attaching or mailing pictures to my computer Metro does not support it. They have been glad to collect money everry month. This company is the biggest rip off company in tthe US. As soon as possible im going back to the other major carrier. with all the phone business. as i also act as a telcom consultant i will be very glad to tell all my clients about this rip off company.

8b57540b, 2009-01-29, 12:43PM CST

I want to THANK YOU for your honesty. I want Metro PCS to know that I will personally prevent 5 people from signing up today.

Your customer service stinks and I'm grateful to have trusted my gut.

dcb7db23, 2009-08-08, 01:08PM CDT

You are absolutely right in your statement in which one customer complaint will turn off ten others. Whereas one happy customer may possibly convert up to three as well.

I am a Metro PCS dealer and I truly understand how you feel and try my best dispite that I am not a warranty center to assist my customers in the best manner possible from handset issues to billing enquires. My name is DeMar Banks and I am a Metro PCS dealer at 1659 W. WarmSprings Rd. Henderson, NV stone throw from Las Vegas.

I have heard so many issues. Many dealer employees (please understand that there are just bad employees) not horrible customer service. If you have a customer service issue before hand everyone have a pen and pad ready when calling customer serv. to get the employee name and ID number. If there is a bad situation or issue take it to a dealer location and have them work it out with you since they should be familiar with some of the basic customer service issues and should be well knowledgable in these areas.

In your situation all electronics come under a one year manufacurers warranty. At the bottom of your Metro PCS start of service form. The first 30 days is an exchange of the item in your case you would have either received a new battery or another phone after your handset is trouble shooted.

You did run into some corn balls. I work alone and it gets hectic in here and my customers love me because I just handle their situation and they pass stores up just to come to me. I even refer customers to other locations to give the sales to others Trying to not loose a customer even though I lost the sale. I know that customer will still frequent my location in the future.

It was a really good complaint that you had as well by the way.

Best,

ce633019, 2010-10-21, 02:46PM CDT

I wish I would of read this before sign up I was told I have to get the &48.00 plan so corporate store employee could get a commission after a hard time about my refusal He took $40.00 and said I was on the $40.00 plan next month went to pay and hence I was on the $48.00 plan I recently tryed to by a phone from web site. when they declined my card I used another card hence they refused that one also when I called my bank the money on both cards were deducted from my balance 5 days later I still do not have access to my funds on both cards and they refuse to talk to me or give me a contact # just annimated emails with no information I sent in 20 emails requesting money and contact # still no response.

John B., 2012-05-17, 05:26PM CDT

MetroPCS sucks terrible horrible customer service.

For over a week I argued, begged and pleaded at every level, 6 store reps, 6 online reps. In my opinion all of them incompetent and many rude. Autopay account deleted and recreate at least 4 times. Everyone keeps saying the same thing just go in and update to account info. The account was even verified by a Corporate Center supervisor. Phone service has been shut off twice. Even after the store manager at the corporate Center assured me that it ad been restored.

Then I found the emails for coroprate HQ. Two emails to three execs and the problem was fixed in two hours. You do the math. Corporate email, fax number, phone number and my complaint letter is at http://SwensonStudio.com/MetroPCS.htm