Sears - Sears Television

Company: Sears

Location: Sears, Roebuck and Co. 3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, IL, 60179, US

URL: http://www.sears.com/

Early April, I purchased a 65" 1080p DLP Toshiba T.V. from a Sears San Diego store in Claremont. Since then I have called the service center in which they proceeded to claim it was a faulty lamp. After a back-ordered lamp was eventually shipped, I installed the product with no effect. I called a service technician to come out and take a look at the television. He came out and replaced the lamp with the old one Which I had already went through trouble-shooting. He then called HIS support saying that there's no power to the television which I've already stated to service department over the phone. He told me he had no idea what's wrong with it but that they would start replacing parts starting with the cheapest. He told me that the power supply should be mailed to me by Friday the 19th of April. Friday came and went with no word on the hardware. I've been calling for many days now and every time I've been forwarded to 3-4 different people, blowing me off and not taking me seriously. This television was RECENTLY PURCHASED and 30 days is not acceptable for a television to be returned/exchanged. I have expressed patience in waiting for the repair service to make it out here and now it's being taken advantage of. I will not wait another month just for the back-ordered hardware to sent to me, than wait another week for your service center to make it out here only to find that it still will not work. I demanded that the television be replaced with utmost haste. I asked them to Take this one back, fix it and re-sell it as a refurb. I am not satisfied with the customer service I've received.

I expect a phone call by May 2nd from a representative that has the authority to accept my claim and exchange this product. My request is not outlandish and is certainly a reasonable request. I expect sears to show the same courtesy.

If I am not contacted and appeased regarding this case, I will pursue the appropriate reparations through the court systems. This could include monies to cover the transportation, legal fees, product in question, and most importantly the pains I've gone through dealing with the frustration from their service department.

It would be more favorable for them to simply replace the product and no longer require the expense of parts/service multiple times to fix a faulty product.

Jamil Soltani