Dell Computer Inc. - DELL COMPUTER CUSTOMER SERVICE

Posted on Sunday, April 20th, 2008 at 3:05pm CDT by 4234dc78

Product: Dell 3100CN Duplexer

Company: Dell Computer Inc.

Location: One Dell Way
Round Rock, TX, 78682, US

On March 25, 2008 I ordered a duplexer for a Dell 3100CN Color Laser Printer from Dell Computer Corporation, One Dell Way, Round Rock, Texas 78682. The cost of the product was $199.00. I belong to a congregation which has the VISA card (under my name) that this was ordered under. The part shipped was for a Dell 3110CN Color Laser Printer and is incompatible with the Dell 3100CN. I called to have the part returned and was told that Dell had a 21 day policy for returns and they could do nothing for me. I would like to dispute this charge.

Details:

I winter in AZ and ordered the part before I left to make sure that the part was available upon my return to MT as time was of the essence to get programs printed for the upcoming congregation fundraiser. The part was shipped on March 28, 2008. I arrived home on April 18, 2008 and picked up the part at its destination address on April 19, 2008. Upon opening the package, I realized that the part was not the one I ordered and immediately called Dell Customer Service. After speaking with the sales people and their management at length, they reiterated that I had to have returned the part before 21 days or just be stuck with a $199.00 part that was unusable. It??s hard for me to believe that such a large corporation would be insensitive to a religious non-profit organization and not offer to send the part that was originally ordered. This is not the fault of the customer ?? but, of the Dell shipping department. There is no way that I would have ordered a part that was not made to fit the Dell 3100CN ?? I know which printer I own.