Vonage Customer Service - continued billing

Posted on Wednesday, April 16th, 2008 at 3:50pm CDT by 6f84f1ee

Product: Who knows I never even hooked it up

Company: Not Available

I ordered the service. They sent the modem, I called and cancelled the service and returned the modem at my expense. They continued billing me and two months later, I called them and they said I cancelled the transfer of my number but not the service.

All representatives I spoke with were extremely rude. I told Mark to cancel and not debit my account any more. At the end of the call he advised I owed a $39 cancellation fee and he would be taking the money from my account. I immediately logged onto my computer to check my bank account and by the time I could sign on, the transaction had been taken.

They are as crooked as you can get and are in it for the bucks.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful when dealing with them.

540abfba, 2009-09-14, 09:37PM CDT

As a x employee of Vonage I personally know of many customers this has happened to..

Vonage also likes to blame their poor service of the customers internet connection.

Please be very careful when considering to sign up for the service

3fb5d525, 2012-05-02, 11:55AM CDT

Vonage was my voice over IP provider for two separate lines. I contacted Vonage on September 16, 2010 to disconnect the service, as we no longer needed it and were relocating to another state. When I phoned in, I did not have my pin number, so I was told to read the MAC Address off of the Vonage equipment to the customer service representative. Over the last 22 months my American Express credit card has been billed $78.81 per month. I have contacted Vonage approximately 5 to 7 times in the last 22 months regarding this issue. Each time I am told that the card will be reimbursed and that I will receive a confirmation e-mail regarding the disconnect status. These e-mails never come. Yesterday, May 1, 2012, I initiated another disconnect and have yet to receive an e-mail confirming this. I informed Vonage that if I did not get a refund of the money that was stolen from my American Express account by them, that I would move forward in contacting consumer protection organizations and many others until Vonage satisfies their debt to me. I was informed today, May 2, 2012, that Vonage would only reimburse me for the last 60 days. This fact alone clearly shows Vonage's attempt to pacify a customer that they have wronged with a "low ball" figure. I have tried to be polite, courteous and professional when speaking with their customer service representatives in light of the fact that they have lied to us time and time again. I was told by Vonage that they have no record of any disconnect being initiated by us EVER. They also stated that the only record they have of me contacting them was in June of 2010 for "technical issues". I confirmed with Vonage that all of their phone calls regarding customer accounts are recorded. I asked them time and time again to please pull up those records. Their response to me was that there are no records to pull up. I invited them to look at the account over the last 22 months to prove that there has been no activity and that the Vonage telephone modem has not been plugged in at any point in time over that 22 months. Three separate representatives from Vonage (Lynn, Michael and Pauline) have confirmed that there was no account activity during that period of time. I am not sure what the logical steps are at this point in time but I will not stop until I am reimbursed. It should be noted that Vonage has also managed to access my American Express account even after changing the card numbers to avoid their "auto-Billing".

3fb5d525, 2012-05-02, 11:57AM CDT