SmoothFitness - Bad Customer Service

Product: SmoothFitness Elliptical 3.2

Company: SmoothFitness

Location: King of Prussia, PA, 19406, US

URL: http://www.smoothfitness.com/index.htm

I ordered my elliptical from SmoothFitness on March 10, 2008. The rep taking my order informed me that they were currently out of this elliptical but was expecting a shipment the following week. I was told that once the elliptical shipped, it would be 7-10 days for delivery. March came to an end so I contacted SmoothFitness via email inquiring as to where my elliptical was. I was told the shipment should be here this week and should have my elliptical the first week of April. No word at all so on April 8 I called SmoothFitness with the intention to cancel my order. The rep informed me that she was sure the elliptical had shipped because all back orders were filled April 4th and April 7th they just haven't received tracking information yet. So if I wanted to cancel the order, I would be charged a 20% restocking fee along with all freight to and from SmoothFitness. I was not happy, but did not want to lose any more money. Later that afternoon, my husband receives a call stating that the elliptical just shipped. Funny how I was lied to in order to save a sale. I have since sent numerous emails to the customer service department with no response. I am not happy that I was lied to in the first place, but SmoothFitness has no desire to try to remedy this problem. The shipping company supposedly picked up the elliptical on April 9 but there is no tracking information available, and I cannot make phone contact with the number that's provided. So as of today, I have no elliptical, no response from SmoothFitness, a lot of frustration and anger, and have only received lies from the customer service rep that I talked to on April 8th. The 7-10 shipping is a joke because I should have my elliptical. BUYER BEWARE if you're looking for customer service from this business, because they have NONE!