Hewlett-Packard Company - HP/Compaq Laptop

Company: Hewlett-Packard Company

Location: 3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA, 94304, US

URL: http://www.hp.com/

I bought a Compaq Presario Notebook on 9/11/06. In July of 2007, a key broke off the keyboard. I contacted the company and was told to send the computer in to be fixed. So, in August I sent it in after given a guarantee that it would be back to me in 5 to 7 days. I asked them to confirm the time frame because I would be moving on 8/31 and wanted it back before then. They said 5 to 7 days. HP received my laptop on 8/20/07 and projected a return date to me by 8/28. A couple days later they said 9/11 so I called to find out what was going on. They said they were waiting on a part. I gave them my new address. 9/11 came and went-no computer. I called them on 9/10 at 4 p.m. and they said it would be here on 9/11. On 9/12 they said they had no idea when I would get it. A week later they said 9/24. But 9/24 came and went and no computer. Once again, they have no idea when my computer will be shipped. It has been over a month and every time I call customer service I end up on hold for 30 minutes before ever getting someone and when I do get someone, they have no info to tell me and cannot transfer me to anyone who can help. At this rate, I feel as though my computer has been stolen. The company will not return it and will not give me a date for return. This was not the only issue I have had with the laptop. When originally getting it, it was not always turning on and off at times. Again, customer service was useless in assisting with this problem. I went to the store I purchased it from for help.