Spiffy's Dry Cleaners - Dry Cleaners Ruins Wedding Gown

Company: Spiffy's Dry Cleaners

Location: 5419 S. Harvard Avenue
Tulsa, OK, 74135, US

URL: http://spiffyscleaners.com/

I took my wedding gown and veil into Spiffys Dry Cleaners to be cleaned the week before my wedding, Sept. 7, 2006. My sister went to pick up the gown Sept. 6, 2006 at 8:00 a.m. and they told her it would not be ready until that afternoon. At 12:30 I got a call from Amy, the manager at Spiffys and she informed that they had shrunk my dress and it was not wearable. Those were her very words. I quickly collected the dress and took it to my seamstress. The cleaners had not cleaned the dress, there were still spots along the hem from when I had tried it on previously and the panels of the dress were shrunken and crinkled and the whole dress seemed like it had gotten wet at some point which should not have happened. Thanks to my seamstress excellent skills and sympathy she was able to restructure the dress for the next day so that at least I had something to wear. My dress still wasn't ready until about 1 hour before wedding time. If the cleaners didn't know how to clean this particular kind of dress they shouldn't have tried. They ruined my $3,000 gown that I purchased from a New York boutique. In the end they only gave me $75 for the emergency alterations to the gown. Alterations which, had they known what they were doing, would never have been necessary. Even with the alterations, the wedding dress didn't look the way it should have. The way that the dress of my dreams looked before I took it to Spiffys. Needless to say, when I went to have the gown preserved I took it to a different dry cleaners. They treated the fabric with care and worked with it gently to restore it to the way it should have been. It is preserved greatly but it took them over three weeks to redo the damage inflicted by Spiffys. I will never use Spiffys dry cleaners again.

39df7e69, 2011-02-23, 01:54AM CST

Spiffy's Cleaners is Joke! I would never use them. The owner, Chuck Brown is an #*!hole and a cheat. His prices are higher than anyone else and he treats his employees like dog crap on his shoes. Go to Fox Cleaners and you won't be sorry.

52c164a9, 2011-03-12, 11:07PM CST

Spiffy's Cleaners is a joke! Never use them. Owner's name is Chuck Brown, major asshole. Treats his employees like shit and thinks the world owes him.