Coast to Coast Carports

Posted on Wednesday, September 26th, 2007 at 1:32pm CDT by cbc2cbf0

Company: Coast to Coast Carports

Category: Building, Construction

On July 23, 2007, I contracted with Pacific Mobile Home Supply, 5296 Crater Lake Avenue, Central Point, Oregon 96702, Ph: 541 772-2604 with a Gentleman named "Jim". I paid him the required 10% deposit, by check, and received a signed contract for "Coast to Coast Carports" to install a carport on my property. I was told that installation would follow in 4 to 6 weeks.

Since that date, my check was cashed, credit card information taken for the balance, and I have been given SIX different installation dates by Coast to Coast. Each time, I have stayed home waiting for the installers to arrive. Today is the SEVENTH such day that I have waited for my carport. The Coast to Coast office at: 340 Centenniel Dr., Heyburn, Id. 83336 appears to be the office coodinating the installation. Their telephone is: 866 597-5758. I have spoken to a young lady named "Raley" and another "Jennifer". Both have assured me many times that the intallers are, "on the way to your house now", I will call them and find out where they are", "they do not answer their cell phones", "they are out of range", "they will be there today", "they will be there tomorrow", they will be there, for sure tuesday", "I/we will call you right back". To date, no promise has been kept and they do not return telephone calls.

In an effort to be fair, I have also called the dealer "Pacific" and asked for his assistance, and I have also called Coast to Coast's Oregon Office, at: 216 E. Locust, Stanfield, Or. 97875, telephone, 866 449-2199 and talked with Maria and a Gentleman named Carlos. This morning being the most recent calls I have made. Carlos told me early this morning that he would call the installer and find out why they did not show up yesterday, where they are "right now" and call me "right back". This was several hours ago. I called once again, this time, Maria told me that Carlos was still with a customer and would not be able to take my call, but he would call me "right back".

I ordered this carport in July to cover a new boat I purchased earlier in the summer. I live in a snow zone and do not have the luxury or choice to start all over again with another Company. Snow season is near and my boat will be virtually unprotected because Coast to Coast has not honored the contract they entered into with me.

All I have asked for was the product I purchased and some sign that this Company has some level of Business Ethic and honor. At this point they appear to have neither.

I need some assistance in resolving this issue and getting my protective carport installed. I have registered a complaint with the State Attorney General's Office - Consumer Division with the State of Oregon, I have not heard from them either.

Please help!

Very truly yours,

Richard

Chiloquin, Or. 97624

1382eab4, 2008-08-05, 09:35AM CDT

have you filed a complaint w/ the BBB, thats what I plan on doing if I don't get my carport installed, we are giving them another chance to install, we had appointment for them to set up our carport on sat morn. 8-02-08 we waited and waited no phone call no show ,coast to coast closes at noon on sat ,before they closed I called to see where they were I was told they were running behind but they would be there I asked for their ph. # told they couldn't give that info out , my husband took off monday thinking they would show then and we were able to call the company since they were back open, finally got a hold of someone and they said they didn't have all our order and that thy would have to make another run to our area and have to rescedule , we traveled 200 miles ,400 roundtrip to have this installed and my husband used a vacation day all for nothing our time is money, we got no consideration no phone call nothing, so if this happens again I am going to the BBB to get my 10% deposit refunded

95f268d1, 2008-12-29, 06:54PM CST

I agree with your comments and had a similar experience with Coast to Coast Carports. I paid the deposit and was given a date that the carport was to be installed. I took the day off from work and traveled the 3+ hours to the site. After several hours of waiting the installer had not shown and I had not received a call from him. I called Coast to Coast and was given the run around until I finally got the installers cell phone number. When I reached him he was still in eastern Oregon, 10+ hours away from the install site. He thought he would make it in 3-4 hours! Where do they find these people! Needless to say I went home and the carport was installed the following day. I wasn't able to see the completed carport for several weeks and when I finally did I found that they had installed the wrong colored metal. I decided to live with that mistake as it wasn't an important detail and I didn't want to deal with the headache. All was well until December 27th of this year when the carport collapsed under the weight of the recent snowfall. It damaged our travel trailer and a family members brand new truck/camper setup. I have called Coast to Coast 4 times today and nobody is answering the phone. I have left several messages for them to call me back and so far I have not heard from them.

I tried the dealer, Lipmans Auto, in Port Angeles, Washington and was basically told to deal with Coast to Coast. Lipmans wanted nothing to do with me once they got the 10% deposit.

d46248d9, 2009-08-31, 01:49PM CDT

Sorry to hear of your frustrations. You seem to be sincere in your concerns and Coast to Coast should listen to such complaints to better their buisness approach.

I have been pleased with the barn I ordered and had constructed for me by Coast to Coast. They did cancel the install date once and forgot to bring the generator which I scramble to get one rented for the crew. Over all I am very satisfied with the barn they built for me. In fact I am looking at having them do another structure shortly. I think if you go through the local sales rep. he can help arrange and take care of some of the frustrations you have mentioned.

fd819a7c, 2010-04-16, 12:28PM CDT

The same thing happen to us with coast to coast carports we bought our in Springdale Arkansas, we paid the 10% down in cash and the day they was to Del. my husband missed a day of work to be there and no one had showed up at noon so he call and they told him the transmission had went out of his truck but they would be there the next day.

then when they did come to install it was the wrong color of trim and the trim was installed wrong,looks like

s_ _t. So my husband called coast to coast and they told him that it would cost him $100.00 more for them to come back,He told them to forget it and he would have someone else to come and fix it. I would not buy any thing else from coast to coast. They are very rude people. They do not stand behind the carports that they sell. I have pictures of the S_ _ T work they done.

c5d4bb29, 2010-06-30, 06:27AM CDT

We finally got the carport but it is so shabbilly put together that we are ashamed of it. We were told to send pictures to them and they would decide what to do about getting us a different building. We sent the pictures and they agreed that it was put together poorly and we would get another building. We have been waiting now since May of 2010 and this is June 30th. They don't answer our calls anymore. They have our money now and we don't know what to do. We can't afford to start all over and worked hard for what we have. Please help if you can.

3b6c4c89, 2010-08-03, 12:09PM CDT

ON APRIL 6-2010 MY HUSBAND SIGNED A CONTRACT WITH COAST TO COAST CARPORTS THROUGH A DEALER IN OUR AREA. IT TOOK 2 MONTHS TO GET AN INSTALLER OUT HERE. THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO BE HERE BETWEEN 12-5..BY 6:30 I CALLED TO SEE IF THEY WERE GOING TO COME. THE PERSON I TALKED TO SAID THEY WERE RUNNING LATE, BUT THEY WOULD BE THERE SOON..THEY SHOWED UP AT 7:45 PM, AND STARTED TO INSTALL THE BUILDING..THEY FINISHED AT 10:00 PM. IT WAS DARK, AND MY HUSBAND WONDERED HOW THEY COULD WORK IN THE DARK..WE PAID THE BILL IN FULL, AND THEY LEFT..MIGHT I ADD THAT WE HAD TO CALL A FRIEND TO INTERPERT..AS THEY HARDLY SPOKE ENGLISH..

ABOUT A COUPLE WEEKS LATER MY HUSBAND NOTICED THAT THE PIECE THAT ATTACHED THE ROOF TO THE SIDE PANEL WAS MISSING ON ONE SIDE..HE WENT AND SPOKE TO THE DEALER, WHO ASSURED HIM HE WOULD CALL AND GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF..FINALLY ON OR ABOUT THE MIDDLE OF JULY WE GOT A CALL SAYING THE INSTALLER WOULD BE THERE ON FRI 7-23 TO FINISHED THE JOB. WE GOT A CALL ON FRI AM SAYING HE WOULDN'T BE THERE TILL SAT...SAT NIGHT AT 9:30 PM I GOT A CALL FROM THE INSTALLERS WIFE, WHOM DIDN'T SPEAK HARDLY ANY ENGLISH EITHER, SAYING HE WOULD BE THERE AT 6:30 SUNDAY MORNING..I WAS UPSET..I WAS ASLEEP WHEN SHE CALLED, I COULD HARDLY UNDERSTAND HER, AND WE HAD SAT AROUND ALL DAY SAT. FOR THE INSTALLER TO SHOW UP...NO CALL, NOT UNTILL LATE THAT NIGHT...NEEDLESS TO SAY, HE DIDN'T SHOW UP SUNDAY MORNING...I CALLED THE COMPANY ON MONDAY MORNING..I TALKED TO REBECCA IN CALIF. WHOM I HAD TO DEAL WITH SINCE WE ARE IN CALIF....SHE TOLD ME THAT THE INSTALLER HAD JUST CALLED AND SAID HE DIDN'T HAVE THE PART...AFTER ALL THE PHONE CALLS, HE DIDN'T HAVE THE PART..I TOLD HER I THOUGHT HE WAS A LIAR, BECAUSE I HAD BEEN UPSET WITH THE WOMAN THAT CALLED SAT. AT 9:30 PM, AND HE WAS MAD...WELL, REBECCA TOLD ME "WELL, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU" AND HUNG UP. I CALLED AGAIN, AND WAS TRANSFERED TO THE MAIN OFFICE IN ARKANSAS...THE OPERATOR TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO SPEAK TO MONICA..OF COURSE SHE WAS NOT AT HER DESK..I LEFT A MESSAGE...NOTHING...I CALLED AND LEFT ANOTHER MESSAGE...NOTHING...I WAS VERY UPSET AND CALLED IDAHO AGAIN...AT THIS TIME, A FELLOW NAMED TIM ANSWERED...I EXPLAINED TO HIM THE SITUATION...HE WAS SO NICE...MY HUSBAND TALKED TO HIM AND TOLD HIM WHAT PART HE NEEDED..TIM SAID HE WOULD MAKE A WORK ORDER...I CALLED THE NEXT MORNING, AND TIM TOLD ME THAT HE JUST FOUND OUT THAT THAT "THE WORK ORDER" WAS "DONE"....WELL, I WAS VERY UPSET, AND WHILE WE WERE TALKING, HE SAID THAT HIS MANAGER JUST INFORMED HIM THAT THEY WOULD SHIP THE PART..WHICH WAS FINE, AS MY HUSBAND COULD INSTALL IT ...WE RECEIVED IT 4 DAYS LATER.IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR TIM, WE WOULD STILL BE WAITING...WE WOULD NEVER ,NEVER RECOMMEND COAST TO COAST CARPORTS TO ANYONE..VERY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE, AND VERY POOR CUSTUMER SERVICE, LET ALONE INSTALATION !!!OF WHICH MY HUSBAND HAD TO FINISH!!!

6d2689a6, 2010-10-28, 09:19PM CDT

Same here, We ordered a carport that was supposed to be delivered yesterday morning, I took a precious day of vacation to meet them. No calls, no one showed up and no return phone calls.

No calls today, no one showed up and no return phone calls again. I filed a BBB complaint. I have lost two day of vacation and two days of my life I'll never get back. I would NEVER do business with this entity.

f60856da, 2011-01-25, 05:21PM CST

1-25-11. I have read the complaint and all the comments posted as of this date and I whole-heartedly agree with what was said. I ordered 2 buildings in 8/10 and it was 10/22/10 before they were put up. The crew that put them up could not speak English well, came at 5:30pm and left at 9:30pm in the pitch dark. The next day I picked up at least 50 screws from the driving area of the 2 different sites, found they skipped several screws on 1 building, and the lean-to carport had several things wrong with it including a leg in the middle of the house doorway and the whole building sitting crooked.

I paid my balance due when expected and was told I would get on the list for repair which would happen within the next couple of weeks. I have phoned 3-4 times since then, have talked with a different person every time, and have been told 3-4 times that they would have someone out to repair it the next week. The end of December a crew was finally scheduled to come out "in the morning". I phoned at 1:30pm and was told she would try to contact the crew. I phoned again at 3:30pm and was told she had not heard from the crew and would try again. I finally heard from her at 4pm and the crew driver couldn't find my address and said my phone number wasn't readable on his paper so he was already on his way home! I was assured someone would be out as soon as possible. Once again I had to phone them on Jan 18, 11 about scheduling a crew for a repair. Again I spoke to a different woman who said she was scheduling next week and would get someone out next week and would phone me the next day. I got a phone call this morning (a week later), thinking it was to schedule a repair this week. Surprise (or not) - she was calling because one of my invoices was not paid! I informed her both invoices were paid in full on 10-25-10 and that I was still waiting for a repair. She said that I was "on the list" and would look into the payment.

I decided to write to the corporate office about my experience, found this site and am now shocked at how similarly everyone has been treated! I have to say all the women have been very nice, but also have really done nothing to help the situation. I e-mailed the dealer once and he was shocked that there still had been no repair done, but all he did was to give me another phone number and name to call which turned out to be unhelpful as all the rest.

I am very disappointed with my experience and will encourage everyone I know to avoid this company. Their website says that they value honesty, customer service, and quality. Their actions do not support those words.

I haven't been able to find info for the corporate office. If anyone has info, please share it. Thank you!

5b4768a0, 2011-02-13, 04:14PM CST

I ordered a double car carport on a Friday and the next Friday it was installed and they did an excellent job. The installation took just over an hour to do. They measured to make sure the building was square and even. I don't know why you had problems, but I am very happy with my carport.

f60856da, 2011-04-19, 07:02PM CDT

UPDATE ON 1-25-11 COMMENT: After I wrote my complaint I contacted my dealer once more for the company address. I let him know I was still waiting for the main office to complete a repair. He was again very surprise and contacted the office himself. He was able to get things rolling and my carport was repaired by a different crew early Feb 2011. I am very happy with the repair and the crew that did the repair. I am very grateful to my dealer for his intervention. If he had not been willing to go to the plate for me I feel I would still be waiting for the repair to be done.

96e7f32c, 2012-11-13, 01:21PM CST

On 10/22/12 we were unfortunately one of the above also! We contracted through MPE Inc. in Sheridan,Ark. to have Coast to Coast build us a carport! YEESH! This buisness is as bad as dealing with the goverment!!! We had to call to find out a delivery date on 11/6/12 and were told the date of 11/9/12 @ 10 a.m.! Yeah, right! At 11 a.m. I called the regional rep (Jenny) only to receive the voicemail. I left a message. At 12 noon, I called again, voicemail and another message.(You may as well forget them calling you back!) At 12:30 p.m., I again called, voicemail still! So, I called the main operator for them!lmao, boy, was I a fool!! She said she'd call the foreman and call me back!lol, sound familiar here folks!! I again called the main operator @ 2p.m. to be told that she'd never got a response from the foreman, but would try again. At 2:30 I called again to this "Janet" only to be told the same thing! I then told her to reach ANY supervisor that is listed as "emergency" number. No answere there either! At 5:15 p.m. these people show up! My roommate told them they were NOT putting this up in the dark! They told him they would "see ya in a month!" On 11/12/12 I finally reached "Jenny" at her desk, only to be told we could reschedule! NOT! In response to me receiving our down pyt. back, I had to contact MPE,Inc. Now, Ross @ MPE TRIED to intervene to no avail, and is returning our money! I AM making a complaint to the BBB and am going to try and show EVERY DEALER I see this complaint listing! I hope all of you have wrote/called the B.B.B. and did a complaint, as these idiots should not be allowed to have a business!!

jerry o., 2013-03-13, 01:46PM CDT

MY NAME IS JERRY OLSEN A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I HAD A THREE DOOR GARAGE INSTALLED ON MY PROPERTY I BCOME VERY ILL AND WAS HOSPITILIZED AT THAT TIME I SENT A COMPLAINT AND YOU RESPONSIDED TO ME BUT I COULDN,T TALK SINCE I HAD A TRAC INSTALLED IN MY THROAT I,M STILL HAVEING HEALTH ISSUES AND STILL HAVE A HOLE IN MY THROAT BUT WOULD LIKE THIS ISSUE RESOLVED THE SHED WAS NEVER STABLE IT LEAKS ON TOP AND AROUND THE BOTTOM AND WAS IMPROPERLY IRRECTED DOORS ARN,T STABLE WE REQUEST YOU SEND ONE OF YOUR REPRESENATIVES TO MY PROPERTY TO EVALUATE THE PROBLEM

PLEASE CONTACT ME I LIVE IN MILLVILLE UTAH PHONE # 435 512 1014 NAME JERRY OLSEN