FedEx - Fed Ex

Posted on Monday, September 17th, 2007 at 11:39pm CDT by 134684f4

Product: Paid Deliver

Company: FedEx

URL: http://www.fedex.com

Unfortunately FedEx will probably not be going out of business anytime soon from mine or many other's complaints about them, but perhaps it will prevent a few more people from using their services.

I ordered a package from Overstock.com and their default shipping was through FedEx ground. They sent the package to me, yet when I was home all day a notice was never left at my door nor was the buzzer pressed. I only checked that a delivery attempt was made when I tracked my order online.

I called their 1-800 number and waited at least 5 minutes to be transferred to the holding facility. The woman there said they needed my phone number (as if it was negligence on my part for withholding this information...) I gave her the number and asked that they deliver the package on a specific date, when I knew that I would be home again.

When that day arrived, no package came by midday. On a hunch, I called FedEx again, and they said that the package was still at the facility, with no reason given as to why it wasn't delivered. First they said that I had to wait another day since all the deliveries had already left the facility for the day. I asked to talk to a manager and she said very casually, "It can be delivered today, late." By 9 PM the same day nothing was delivered. I called again and the person I spoke to said there was no record of the package going out. I told them to return the package to Overstock, that I was no longer accepting the delivery.

Completely negligent company. Will not order from Overstock anymore, because they don't offer a choice in how I want my package delivered. I prefer UPS because they have a holding facility that is actually in the vicinity where I live in Manhattan. FedEX of course has a holding facility somewhere in the industrial, nameless far-out place in Brooklyn. The one time in the past that I tried to pick up a package from FedEx, I couldn't even find the building because it was in a nameless industrial park. I called the 1-800 number from where I was lost, only to have them tell me that the facility is CLOSED ON MONDAYS. Of course it was another package that I had ordered from Overstock, and I had the package returned to them instead.

1f893fc3, 2008-04-08, 12:44PM CDT

I suggest you check out the UPS complaints, there are 82 compared to the 12 for fed ex. Believe me they are no better.