Hewlett Packer - Never Buy HP!

Posted on Wednesday, October 31st, 2007 at 9:58am CDT by 5a193630

Product: Compaq Presario Notebook

Company: Hewlett Packer

Location: Building 6A, MS 1247 3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA, 94304, US

URL: http://www.hp.com/

I will never buy HP products again. May 8, 2007 I purchased a Compaq Presario notebook that was refurbished. The sales assistant in the HP Home and Home Office Department reassured me that I should not experience any problems with the notebook. He stated that being refurbished ment that the notebook did not pass all the tests when sent through inspection the first time. I purchased the notebook and then the screen messed up on or about July 15, 2007. I shipped it back for repair and never heard from Hp. When I contacted HP on the status, they stated they did not want to repair the notebook. This was then forwarded to a case manager, John Thomson, who agreed to repair the notebook only if I purchased a $265.00 warranty, so with no other choice given, I did. The notebook went in for repair on July 24th and was not returned until August 15, 2007. On August 14, 2007 I registered the warranty I purchased via telephone. On October 11, 2007 I turned my notebook on to find that the screen was again not working correctly and displayed only white. I contacted HP that day and was given a case number of 8003732097 and was informed that my warranty was invalid and not registered. October 15, 2007 I called HP Total Care again after not being contacted by a case manager and being unable to reach one at the case manager number. October 17, 2007 I obtained contact information from Corporate via Rosalynn to send a legal letter regarding the matter. On October 22, 2007 I spoke with case manager, Charlene T., that I was able to reach by phone but she did not work in the notebook department, however, she did give me a new case number of 8004126113. On October 23, 2007 I had an attorney send a letter to HP Corporate office and to the case manager. I was never contacted by a case manager within the 48 hour period that is given and then called the case manager number again on October 29, 2007. At that time I did finally speak with the proper case manager, Kathy Walker who then informed me that I could not receive a refund or exchange for another product of equal or lesser value and that she would ship a box to my home for repair under the warranty that I purchased. By this time I was so upset with the entire situation, that her solution was just not good enough for me. October 30, 2007 I did receive a box to ship the notebook out for repair and the paper stated to back up the hard drive because information could be lost. October 31, 2007, I contacted a HP case manager with regards to how I am suppose to back up the hard drive up if the screen does not work and displays no pitcure. I was advised at that time that I could take it to a computer shop and pay someone to back it up for me, another expense in regards to HP's defective product. It is October 31, 2007 and I have been unable to use the notebook since October 11, 2007. All of these attmepts to contact HP and get the problem solved has also taken up quite an amount of my time at work.

I would advise anyone looking to buy computer products to purchase from anyone but HP. I will never buy HP again for my home and as for my office, I will continue to purchase Dell products.

a2a730be, 2008-11-01, 09:37PM CDT

We brought in 9/2006 with the totalcare package for three years. It supposed to be 3 days in house call service. When I needed to call them for service. Their support department can not find our record. They claimed that they will fix the record for us and have us call back in 48hrs. We did that for months. They requested us to fax our records. We faxed twice. They requested to send e-mails to fix the record. we did that too. They give us many case numbers.

In the mean time my computer is out of service, we decided to pay some one else to fix it.

Now, I got more hardware problems and called hp again. Their give me the same story about my warranty again. They claimed that they will fix their record again. I will have wait 48hrs again. I even talked to the supervisor this time but he can not and will do anything.

These total care is waste of money.

6a5ad938, 2009-08-15, 09:53AM CDT

Youre so right!

Youre not alone! Join this group on facebook!