Casterbridge tours - DO NOT USE CASTERBRIDGE TOURS!!!!

Posted on Friday, October 26th, 2007 at 7:29pm CDT by 55a631e9

Product: Tour of Spain

Company: Casterbridge tours

Location: GB

URL: http://Casterbridgetours.com/

We booked a 12 day tour of Spain with high expectations. The sights were interesting but let's face it, Adults like Rest, Entertainment and GREAT food when we go on vaction. Especially one that cost $4000.00 per person without flight. We were supposed to have 19.20 euros per meal twice a day included in the price. We were supposed to eat a large breakfast before starting our long day of walking and just maybe we may want a light lunch. Then of course would come the main attraction "The Big Evening Meal." We would also tour from city to city on a luxurious tour bus complete with profesional driver.

"KEEP IN MIND CASTERBRIDGE TOURS MAIN INCOME IS FROM HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT TOURS."

BREAKFAST: Consisted of typical continental cuisine....

bread,bread,cereal,ham,cheese,tang and coffee.

The light LUNCH we were dying for by 12:00 from all the walking usually came aroung 2:00 to 2:30. By the 3rd day most of us had learned how to steal from the "BIG" breakfast so we wouldn't starve before our lunch break. Remember now, are walking miles a day.

DINNER.. We were not allowed to order anything off the menu even if it cost less than 19.20 euro. We were usually given a choice of 2 to 3 items. We had popsicles for desert on one particular night. This is the first time I have ever been on vacation and literally lost weight.

The infrequency of bathroom stops had the ladies in an uproar! We cut back on our water consumption to help in this department.

The first bus and driver were filthy! The entire bus smelled of B.O. It was unbelievable! I have to admit the second bus was immaculate and the driver very proffesional.

Overall I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND Casterbridge tours to any adults unless you are a gluton for punishment.

aaf0d1e7, 2008-08-13, 09:46AM CDT

Did the company address theese issues? and how were they resolved?

efe9abdd, 2009-07-06, 09:44AM CDT

I have used Casterbridge Tours for many years and found them to be extremely professional and by far the best tour operator out there. The food we had was excellent. I am sure that, if you had contacted the operator, rather than complained here, they would have tried to redress the problems you clearly had.

efd6ae6d, 2009-11-30, 01:14PM CST

I have used Casterbridge Tours on at least 4-5 occasions and have found them to be highly professional and more than adequate. I take university students and people from the community and have had many return year after year. I think this is a high compliment. People considering Casterbrige customers should remember that is is an EDUCATIONAL tour company; they do not sell luxury cruises.

25a50fe6, 2010-07-07, 04:17PM CDT

Well I am a high school student and my teacher has been using Casterbridge tours for 10+ years. This year was my very first trip and I really have to disagree with you because they specifically catered to each and every person's needs. We had several vegetarians and vegans on the trip and each had a special meal waiting at each restaurant. Our hotel was a Five Star and provided a large buffet and if we did not like the food that was served there were several alternatives made available. I would most definitely recommend Casterbridge tours!

ee6111c1, 2010-08-12, 08:00AM CDT

I have used Casterbridge for many years as a teacher. Although they are primarily a tour company for students, They are an excellent company and always are amenable to any change or modification in your itinerary. Our food has always been quite good. Don't forget that there are realities to travel and your experience may notr be what you had in your imagination. You need to be open to all experiences

eeef0c4b, 2010-10-24, 11:09AM CDT

What a great answer!

YOU MUST BE AN EMPLOYEE OF CASTERBRIDGE FOR SURE!

They steal people's money, that's it!

22517a25, 2011-08-19, 11:22AM CDT

First ( and last) ever tour with CASTERBRIDGE this May to Russia-- Was a nice tour-- the logistics and company dealings were the nightmare--Had to deal with folks in London, despite a US office I thought would be my contact- They DO NOT BILL travelers-- i was expected to do all that on my own an sort out a total bill of about 80 thousand dollars-- I had to fight for inclusions that I WAS PROMISED, FREE TIME H AD nothing AVAILABLE THRU THE GUIDE AND no guide traveled with us on the train-- we were on our own. Hotels were nice and for RUssia food was better than average but the company and its employees? NEVER WOULD I RECCOMENT TO ANYONE to use for travel...

78ab8f4a, 2011-09-30, 05:29AM CDT

Lunch in Spain is generally eaten between 2-4pm so no surprises there.

As a travel agent I can say that on group coach tours you are almost NEVER given an opportunity to order a la carte since it would not be practicable to prepare separate meals for a large number of people. You were lucky to have a choice of several items - group meals are frequently ordered as a set menu without any choices at all. It sounds to me as if your expectations were somewhat unrealistic, though the travel agent should have provided you with background information about the meal arrangements before your tour.

a440bb01, 2012-03-12, 07:44PM CDT

i'm not happy so far. signed my son of for a casterbridge tour to spain. not enough people could be gathered to go so they condensed the trip into madrid only, exluding barcelona... fine. i paid the entire price in full so i wouldn't get charged an installment fee. lo and behold, today i got a notice from another company, "world strides" that i have been charged a 60 dollar late fee for not paying a 16 dollar adjustment fee by the deadline. the deadline? i paid in full, i didn't even know about it. i will call tomorrow to make them see some sense, but this is very unprofessional bait and switch behavior.