Hip Hop Nails - Nail Salon is a rip off

Posted on Friday, October 19th, 2007 at 12:03pm CDT by 2c7a4e6a

Company: Hip Hop Nails

Location: Gainesville, Fl, US

Extremely rude employees. Insisted that i needed a new set of nails and when i said no, after working on my nails for a few minutes, told me that i had to wait while he took another customer and started working on her. After 10 minutes, another nail tech started working on my nails and again insisted that i needed a new set of nails. After asserting myself to her and explaining that i did not have time, i told her that i would pay her for what she had done so far and that i would go somewhere else. She wanted to finish my nails and did not want me to leave. She finished the job without speaking to me. My nails looked horrible and I beleive that a 5 year old could have done a better job than what she did. Then when I paid, she asked me 3 times if I wanted to put a tip on my credit card! I left the shop very irritated and upset but refused to argue over the terrible job that she did because I knew that at that point it was a waste of time! Once again, this is a prime example of foreigners getting special privileges to open a business in the US and then using their business to rip off the consumers!

c1744119, 2009-07-14, 11:12PM CDT

I agree that foreigners in this business take our business for granted and treat us as "push-overs". Their business would not exist without American customers. They take advantage of us regarding our time and money!!

6cdc2fdb, 2009-08-03, 12:20AM CDT

When you guy 'r using the world "foreigners" dont you think that's a bit racist??? Some of the nail techs were born here in the State and alot of them are US citizens. And if you dont want to be ripped off then dont go to any nail salons, do it yourself at home. I know that there r some rude employees at some nail salons but dont use the world "foreigners" in such a racist manner to imply to all of the nail techs.