hhgregg - Name+of+product+or+service

Posted on Wednesday, October 17th, 2007 at 7:18am CDT by 801144f2

Company: hhgregg

Location: WOODSTOCK, GA, 30189, US

Category: Stores, Shopping

I have found various websites dedicated to complaints about hhgregg. You may add mine and if you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate your advice.

Bought a refrigerator (Maytag side-by-side) in Aug, '07. Had problems from the beginning. It ran constantly and was very noisy. I have had FOUR service calls thus far. One of the motors was replaced with a metal one (both motors are plastic, according to the tech). The noise was improved somewhat. Then the right hand door started to scrunch and creak whenever it was opened. The last two techs have told me that it is unrepairable (basically, poorly made).

I have asked to be able to purchase another refrigerator at the store, but hhgregg refuses to allow me to replace it. They say since the unit cools/freezes adequately, they will not do anything. I am left with a refrigerator that makes a very loud noise and seems off-balance EVERY time the door is opened.

Since I have said that I will pay whatever extra is required to switch units, I do not understand why they will not cooperate.

I have notified the BBB and am planning to "sign protest" outside the store if this cannot be resolved.

Barbara

type+complaint+here

22ab7da0, 2007-12-22, 08:03PM CST

AS AN EMPLOYEE OF HHGREGG, AFTER SEEING THIS POST, WE LOOKED UP THE HISTORY OF BARBARA JANKEL. NONE EXISTS. WE WISH HER ALL THE BEST AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX THE PROBLEM, IT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF. WE STAND BEHIND OUR WARRANTIES. SINCE IT HAS BEEN LESS THAN ONE YEAR, MAYTAG MAY BE THE BEST COURSE, UNLESS AN ESP WAS PURCHASED. THEIR NUMBER IS 800-688-9900, OR WHIRLPOOL (WHO OWNS MAYTAG NOW) 800-442-1111.