Sears Home Central, Sears and One Source - Very Disappointed with SEARS

Posted on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007 at 5:21pm CST by 6e00bbc8

Product: Service Contract

Company: Sears Home Central, Sears and One Source

Location: 3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 and 6801 W Sunrise Blvd.
Plantation, Fl, 33313, US

URL: http://sears.com/

I feel I have been ripped off by a telephone sales rep and Sears only apploigizes but continues to charge me $180 that should have been covered by what the rep said.

When I called to schedule a service appointment the rep offered me a service agreement for $200.00. I asked if replacing the top on my washer was covered and was told YES. I also needed my dryer repaired and was told that having that done could be added for only an additional $39.00.

When the service man arrived three hours later than scheduled (Sears advertises "Punctual 4 hour arrival window)I explained what was wrong and that I wanted to have him order a new top for my washing machine. He proceeded to explain that that was not covered by the warranty I had purchased and informed me that "they do that all the time, but they don't tell you."

I have called Sears corporate office and their One Source complaint department only to be told that they will not honor the agreement that was presented to me by their associate. I have spent three hours on the phone only to find out that Sears doesn't care about my business or loyalty.

They have a lousy attitude. It's basically it's on your charge, we are not giving you a refund. So what if we are three hours later than our promised window of time and you lost a days pay.