Sears - Extended Warranty NOT!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, November 28th, 2007 at 7:04pm CST by dc596674

Product: Sear Snowblower

Company: Sears

Location: Sears National Customer Relations 3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, Il, 60179, US

URL: http://sears.com/

I bought and paid for an Extended Warranty for my Sears Snowblower which was new 2 years ago. Today we got our first real snow of 8 inches. When I went to use the machine it was leaking oil and made a strange noise while running.

I began my saga which became insane. I went through the voice operated system, gave out my information 3 times speaking to 3 different people, left on hold for 15 minutes listening to recorded music and then was disconnected during a transfer. This happened 3 times before I finally spoke to someone.

Finally after 1 1/2 hours of this call, disconnect; call, disconnect; call disconnect; I am told that the earliest they can get me a scheduled appointment is 4 weeks from now. That will equal at least 5-7 more snow storms.

I told them that was unacceptable and ask what were my other options. I was told there were none except to fix it myself. I ask if I could take it in to one of the stores in Salt Lake. They gave me the number and said "good luck".

I called the stores and was told that they could not fix it, that it could only be done by 'on site service".

Their version of extended service is "NO SERVICE". What a scam. The sales person selling the "Extended Service Plan" assured me that their service was the "best" and that I definitely wanted and needed it.

I consider their actions both fraud and misrepresentation. I am not settling for just filing this complaint, but intend to become their worst legal nightmare!