aceticket.com - ticket scalping by aceticket.com

Posted on Wednesday, November 21st, 2007 at 2:08pm CST by 4102ec91

Product: celtics tickets

Company: aceticket.com

Location: 20 Franklin Street, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA, 02134, US

URL: http://aceticket.com/

I went to the agency in their Chelmsford, MA location to purchase Celtics tickets for the Friday, Nov. 23, 2007 game. I was quoted $109 per ticket plus shipping and handling for a total of $693.94. It sounded very expansive but I thought that I am getting good seats and got 6 tickets for my whole family. Tickets came in the mail and their face value is $25. I feel ripped off and mislead into believing that I was purchasing good seats.

First the female employee at the counter did not disclose anything about face value and the final price of the tickets. If she did I would not buy them.

Second after the purchase was finalized, I was provided with the confirmation with very fine print on the bottom about no refund policy. If I knew of that I would think twice before buying them.

Third I was reassured by the employee that those are great seats, without showing me the venue map. If I knew where the seats are I would not have purchased them.

Finally I expected and paid for $109 seats not $25 ones.

I called the agency, spoke to Rick Boucher, ext 126 and offered to pay close to the face value. He rudely declined and did not wanted to do anything. After all they have been in the business for over 30 years and there are costs of acquiring the tickets. I also tried returning the tickets but they have a no return policy. Again that policy was not mentioned when I was buying the tickets and no one disclosed anything about costs of acquiring tickets when they charged my card.

PJ the leady that sold me those tickets told me in all honesty I should keep the tickets because they never loose.

The company is violating state's anti-scalping law and is engaged in unfair business practices by misleading the consumer and obscene gauging.

Caveat emptor is my lesson that cost $693.94