T Mobile - T Mobile Customer Care?

Posted on Sunday, November 18th, 2007 at 7:46pm CST by 59d35b79

Company: T Mobile

Location: Customer Relations PO Box 37380
Albuquerque, NM, 87176-7380, US

URL: http://www.t-mobile.com/

Below are the exchanges I have had over the past few days with T Mobile Customer Care. Unfortunately I did not make a copy of my original complaint to T Mobile, which is replied to below.

From: [email protected]

To: Brett

Sent: Sat Nov 17 08:45:06 2007

Dear Brett,

Hello, my name is Beckee. I am so very thankful that you have taken the time out of your busy schedule to contact T-Mobile! I will be more then happy to assist you, as we at T-Mobile always want to leave you with a long lasting impression of T-Mobiles World Class Customer Service! I see from your email that you are upset because of the handlings of the account yesterday as you were both unable to verify the account and have it unlocked. I am very sorry that this has happened, as I know how frustrating it can be when you are unable to access the account! I will be happy to look into this for you! Brett, I am truly sorry as I know just how annoying this is, but the account has not been verified. If seems that a PIN number has not been added to your account so we will need you to create one. In order to do so, I need you to verify this account with the following information: Account holders name: Account holders birthday: Address listed on account:

Please verify with the above information and as well include a PIN number to add to the account. This can be 1-10 numbers (numbers only). We will then add this to your account so that you can verify it in the future with no problems! If you have any more questions Brett, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Center by calling the toll free number 1-877-778-2106 or by dialing *TOGO then SEND on your handset. You can also reply to this email and a Customer Care Specialist will be more then happy to assist you! Thank you again Brett for contacting T-Mobile and for being a loyal customer! We value our customers as without you, we would not have won our 6th J.D. Powers and Associates award! It is because of you that we strive to make our company the best! Kindest Regards,

Beckee F. 7284550

Customer Care Specialist T-Mobile USA

From: Brett

To: [email protected]

Sent: Sat Nov 17 09:38:29 2007

Subject: Re: My T-Mobile.AccountManagement

Beckee or whomever receives this,

The information as presented below is incorrect. Locking the account was my mistake but it was fixed yesterday morning with my first phone call. Now I will get to the real matter at hand. The REAL problem came from an attempt to add money to my daughter's Sidekick from Thursday night. When I input all applicable data and my contact phone numbers the next screen said you were having technical difficulties and were sorry. As I found out with my third or fourth phone call to customer care this was because my credit card had to be verified. I also found out from the 8th person I spoke with that you have a 4 hour timeout for verification and if you are busy and don't get to a request it still timeouts without any action being taken. I asked why I wasn't called and the third person I spoke with said you have to abide by telemarketing rules. I then asked why my cell phone wasn't called. He didn't have a response. This was the same customer care rep that told me the $100 option I chose Thursday night isn't applicable to the Sidekick. (if it isn't applicable then why is it an option for her account? Makes you wonder) I then got back online and chose the $50 option. The exact thing happened with the error screen. I called back to inquire and it was at this time I was transferred to and thru 3 reps. I requested to speak to a supervisor more than once. I was hung up on during one of these. I finally spoke with Allan in the verification department who was my 8th care rep in an hour of trying to find out why I could not add money to an account. It is my impression that I was lied to which is evidenced by the different information provided by 2 people on the $100 option and by the statement you have to abide by telemarketing rules so my phone wasn't called to verify the credit card. I told Allan that if this Sidekick wasn't a gift to my daughter I would just throw it away. There is no reason I can see for me to have to go through what I did yesterday morning. In fact, my very last line requested a phone call to discuss this issue and T Mobile figured it would be easier to modify the issue at hand and send an e-mail instead. Now, do you think there is a reason for me to be frustrated and to have a fabulous long lasting impression of T Mobile? It is back in your court. What do you think the leadership of T Mobile would make of this? I do not think this is in line with the core values of the company. Brett

From: Customer Care

To: Brett

Sent: Sun Nov 18 19:30:46 2007

Dear Brett,

Hi my name is Tom, thank you for taking the time to contact T-mobile. I understand you are very upset over an issue you experienced when trying to add a $100.00 refill to your daughters prepaid service account and you asked a few questions. I will strive to provide you with world class customer service. We realize how important this issue is to you Brett, and I will be happy to help you out today. I understand your frustration with the refill issue you experienced and I sincerely apologize for that. I have reviewed the prepaid account and it reflects a refill of $50.0 was added to her prepaid account a couple of days ago. I am not sure how I can help you, but I will answer the questions you have provided as best as I can.

1. When I input all applicable data and my contact phone numbers the next screen said you were having technical difficulties and were sorry. As I found out with my third or fourth phone call to customer care this was because my credit card had to be verified?

This information was not available to us for a review, but I believe this information was provided to you by the prepaid service center and it sounds correct.

2. I also found out from the 8th person I spoke with that you have a 4 hour timeout for verification and if you are busy and don't get to a request it still timeouts without any action being taken?

Again this is not information we have available to us, and I believe the prepaid service knows their system better than we do. I am not sure if this was correct, but it sounds good as an answer.

3. I asked why I wasn't called and the third person I spoke with said you have to abide by telemarketing rules?

This is definitely a correct statement, and I am sorry we are not able to call you to address your prepaid refill issue.

4. This was the same customer care rep that told me the $100 option I chose Thursday night isn't applicable to the Sidekick. (If it isn't applicable then why is it an option for her account?

This is definitely confirmed mis-information, and I sincerely apologize as she is able to add a $100.00 refill to her prepaid service account.

5. I requested to speak to a supervisor more than once. I was hung up on during one of these. I finally spoke with Allan in the verification department who was my 8th care rep in an hour of trying to find out why I could not add money to an account?

Again I apologize your call was disconnected with the prepaid service center, and for future reference you can add a refill by contacting the prepaid refill center by pressing *ADD and send on the prepaid handset.

6. Now, do you think there is a reason for me to be frustrated and to have a fabulous long lasting impression of T Mobile?

I definitely see where you are coming from and I would be upset as well if my call was mis-handled and I was transferred around from one agent to another. Again I apologize!

7. What do you think the leadership of T Mobile would make of this?

This is a very good question, and regrettably I am not upper management and I am unable to comment on how they would handle your concern.

If you have any further comments, questions, or concerns feel free to contact us at anytime. Reply back to this E-mail quoting this case number 1018197, or please call back at 1-800-937-8997, *TOGO send from your handset.

Thank you for choosing T-mobile. We appreciate and value your business and loyalty since December 2006 Brett.

Sincerely,

Tom G. Agent rep ID# 7284055

Customer Care Specialist

From: Brett

Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 8:15 PM

To: [email protected]

Tom,

You are just as incapable of addressing this as the last. I will send this to T Mobile management to address as well as any other pertinent business tracking agencies which report on the customer service received. Brett

3d165e54, 2008-10-11, 04:31AM CDT

T-Mobile has outsourced their email customer care to a company named NCO. NCO's center in Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada has been where ALL your emails have been coming from for a long time.

Now they have sent all the emails to the PHILIPPINES! Get ready for your email and webchat customer care to be coming from Filipino people! HAHA. I thought T-Mobile would never go offshore? They do through NCO. You thought your customer care was bad before?!

59dd538b, 2008-12-14, 12:52PM CST

Hi Brett,

I have been having similar problems with T-Mobile prepaid cell service. I purchased and activated a $100 refill card, then they took back the minutes. I had to call and email for hours, days and even weeks just to get my minutes back, then they only gave me back partials of $25 increments at a time. The emails are nearly autoresponse types, all using their "scripts". As soon as these minutes run out, I am tossing my T-Mobile service, note*I have found Alltel to have the same rates and much better customer service. Another option is "Metropcs", they have flat rates and no contracts, but they aren't in our little town yet. I have saved all my T-Mobile emails, and I filed a complaint with ripoffreport.com as well as the Better Business Bureau. You can do all this online, and within hours of filing my complaint, I had the majority of my minutes back. Good luck!

4b76ccfe, 2011-09-20, 11:45PM CDT

Hello, I am here to lodge a complaint a local t-mobil store which located at 17501 Colima Rd # H, Industry, CA. I came to the store to change my minute service (my accont is a non contract plane and I have been using it for over a year and a half), but they singed a two year contract for me without my authorization and any notice. I went back to the local store twice, and they didn't provide me any service to solve my problem. I hope you can cancle my contract as soon as possible. I prefre to get a call from the customer sevice department soon. Thank you!