Sears.com - Sears.com: Bait and Switch?

Posted on Wednesday, November 14th, 2007 at 2:16pm CST by fc997ab5

Product: Bravia 46 in. LCD Flat Panel Integrated HDTV, S-Series

Company: Sears.com

URL: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05771674000P?filter=Brand%7CSony&vName=Computers+%26+Electronics&cName=Televisions&sName=LCD+TVs

Hello.

I am writing to make a formal complaint against Sears.com. Over the weekend, I spent hours online at Sears.com placing an order for the item listed below. Today I received an Email (also copied below ) that canceled the order for dubious reasons. In turn, I called the customer service number indicated in the message intent on speaking to someone about the canceled order. I received an automated answer and pressed the buttons as instructed to speak with a customer service representative. Three times, when the call was finally directed to a rep., the line was disconnected! I was able to connect with a live person on the fourth attempt. The associate told me that the system was down and she was not able to look up my order. I asked when she thought the system may be up again and she said that they hoped within the hour. I then asked to have someone contact me whne the system was online again but I was told that it was impossible and that I would need to call again. Since I found that answer unacceptable, I asked to speak with a manager. I was transferred albeit to another associate. After explaining my whole scenario to her, she told me that I was speaking to an associate instead of a manager and offered to remain on the line until I was transferred to a manager. Ryan identified herself as such and after explaining my frustration and dissatisfaction with the lack of service received, she repeated all of the same lines (so sorry, the item was advertised as a closeout, etc.) to me. However, I went online and located the same item still listed on the Website and there is not any indication that the item is either unavailable or a closeout or anything else that would prevent me from receiving the item! When I pointed that out to Ryan, she insisted that the TV was identified as a closeout. I asked her to indicate that to me and was told that it no longer was identified as such but the TV was not available for purchase anyway and no substitute was available. So, I have spent (and wasted) hours online as well as nearly 90 minutes on the phone and Email trying to purchase an advertised item to no avail.

As I mentioned, I copied the item from the Sears.com Website (the full page appears at the bottom of this message.) There is no indication that the item is unavailable! I am completely frustrated and disappointed that Sears misrepresents merchandise. I definitely feel that a bait and switch has occurred since Ryan offered to order another TV at a greater expense for me.

Sony Bravia 46 in. LCD Flat Panel Integrated HDTV, S-Series

Sears item #05771674000 Mfr. model #KDL-46S2010

$1799.88

Save $700.11

thru 11/17/07

Rebate Details

Availability for home delivery varies by location.

Buy Online - Pickup in Store Eligible

Overall Rating: 5

Dear ,

Thank you for shopping at Sears.com. Unfortunately, due to either the demand for the item(s) that you ordered or the method of your payment; we were unable to process your order. Consequently, we will be canceling your order for the item(s) listed below.

??? No charge will be assessed to your credit card ************5953

Discount: $-89.99

Tax: $85.49

Shipping Fee: $0.00

Total: $1,860.38

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please revisit us at www.sears.com to find a substitute product or why not let a Sales Associate help you find what you need in a store? Locate your local store.

If you have any comments or questions, please e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-349-4358.

Best regards,

Sears.com Customer Care

skip to content

skip to navigation

Recently Viewed Shopping Cart 0 items ($0.00)

Welcome, sign in or register

Sears Card | Find a Store | Order Status | Customer Service Click and drag to reposition image Reset

View Larger

Zoom Out

Zoom In

5 of 5

Read or write a review for this item.

Write a review for this item.

Buying Guide

Accessory:

RCA Digital AV Cable, 3 ft.

Sears item # 05760047000

$14.99

RCA S-Video Cable, 6 ft.

Sears item # 05760054000

$14.99

In stock for delivery

RCA HDMI-to-HDMI Cable, 6 ft.

Sears item # 05760168000

$45.99

Belkin HDTV Essentials Kit

Sears item # 05760300000

$49.99

Sony Bravia 46 in. LCD Flat Panel Integrated HDTV, S-Series

Sears item# 05771674000 Mfr. model# KDL-46S2010

________________________________________

Availability for home delivery varies by location.

Eligible For Store Pick Up

Delivery dates: Select a date convenient for you. Next day, and Sat./Sun. options may be available. Item availability varies by ZIP code

Other colors available:

Protect this purchase with a Protection Agreement see options

Price Match Policy

Special financing -- Deferred Interest Offer until May, 2009, with your Sears Card. About Sears Credit Cards

Overview

Specifications

Options

Reviews(4)

See product info from Sony See product info from Sony See product info from Sony

Featuring the latest technologies and a crisp, high-definition picture, the KDL-46S2010 is perfect for watching sports, movies or TV. Utilize the PC connections of the BRAVIA??? Sony?? S-Series Digital LCD Flat Panel TV for an incredible display that can even be used for multimedia presentations in the office. For superior sound, tune into the SRS TruSurround XT??? audio technology, along with digital audio enhancement and amplification.

Click Here for Sony HD Test Drive promotion

16:9 Aspect Ratio; 1366 x 768 HD panel resolution

Bravia Engine??? PRO Video Processor

Digital audio amplifier

Light sensor backlighting control

Space-saving bottom speaker design

Picture Freeze function; Timer (On/Off/Sleep)

VESA compliant mounting holes

1 PC input, 2 Component Video Inputs, 2 S-Video inputs, 3 Composite Video inputs

Owners manual - English

Product Warranty

__USERID__

Overall Rating

5 5

3 of 4 (75%) customers would recommend this product to a friend.

Read all reviews Write a review

Number of reviews:4

Number of reviews with ratings & comments:

Number of reviews with ratings-only:

Write an online review

Product Reviews

Product Reviews Review This Product

Awsome Picture Quality!, June 3, 2007

By BradL from Ogden, Utah

4 5

"Purchased this particular model back in October of 2006 and have not been disappointed with it yet. Crisp, clean, clear picture in any light. Easy to manuever through channels and great sound. My only disapointment was that there was only 1 HDMI input and with this next generation of electronics, could use at least 2 HDMI inputs. This is the only reason I gave it "4 stars" in rating the Features. High quality, with a great warranty."

great tv, May 7, 2007

By maritza from riverside

5 5

"this lcd tv is the best tv I had.best picture best sound and what i really love the most is that it saves energy i could really see the amount of money i saved when i got my electricity bill. Because before i had a big screen tv and not only did it took alot of space but it wasted alot of energy. I really recommend this tv."

great buy, April 26, 2007

By barrettma from Oswego county

5 5

"we purchased this tv to watch the Daytona 500 - it is a great tv to watch any sport - easy set up - out of the box & turn it on - light weight and fit on the small stand we already had for our 27" - best tv we have every had"

beautiful picture, April 22, 2007

By allie78 from New Hampshire

4 5

"This TV has an amazing picture. I could not tell the difference between this TV and a 180p TV that was right next to it. The clarity is amazing!"

Read existing product reviews

Here is your chance to tell others what you think of this product. Please be sure to focus on the features of this product and why you like or dislike them.

More Review Guidelines & Tips

Top of Form

The email addresses you entered are not the same. Please check your address and try again.

Email Address:

Confirm:

Your email address will not be displayed in the review, we will use it to update you on the status of your review.

$1799.88

Pick Up

ZIP Code 02184

Check another ZIP Code

Bottom of Form

Worry-free shopping: Satisfaction Guaranteed | Return Policy | We Service Most Items We Sell | Terms & Conditions/Safety Notice | Have a Suggestion on this Page?

Product images may differ from actual product appearance. Tires cannot be shipped to APO / FPO addresses.

Not all products are available at every Sears store. Online prices and promotions are for the continental U.S. only.

Search Feeback

Were these results helpful?

Websites

Satisfaction Guarantee

We Service What We Sell

Protection Agreements

Parts & Accessories

About Us | Careers | Investor Relations | Community Relations | Contract Sales | Affiliate Program | Business Opportunities | Media | Military Support | Terms of Use | California Privacy Rights | License Info | Privacy Policy (Revised 6/11/07) | Children's Privacy Policy (Revised 7/1/04) | Product Recalls

?? 2007 Sears Brand, LLC.

1e0ea661, 2008-11-17, 07:24PM CST

ilowe sears they have a lot of stuff that i need and it is cheap.