Virgin Mobile Prepaid phone

Posted on Wednesday, May 9th, 2007 at 1:31pm CDT by ea376f10

Company: Virgin Mobile Prepaid phone

Virgin Mobile Prepaid Phone = Terrible Customer Service + Credit Card Fraud + Identity Theft???

1. They are very difficult to reach. then keep you on hold forever.

2. As just about everyone else said, the reps are shockingly rude 3. They have loud, terrible hold music, then terrible background noise while you are talking--worse than the most awful telemarketers-- and won't call you back for better reception

4. They take way too long to get back to you if you email customer service

5. They give you a password, then a secret question answer that are ridiculous unless you are a teenager (favorite actor/singer/team) or one that is not secure enough (pet name).

6. They don't send your pass code to you in an email like everyone else does.

7. When I tried to put it in--five times--it kept getting rejected, so I called the terrible customer service line, they were again rude, and refused to give me any info, making it virtually impossible to access my own account. I pointed out that they had my name, address AND credit card info, so I had a right to my billing info to check against credit card, but they still refused to even mail it to me. They said something about 'security'....

8. Security??? their system is so technologically insecure I was either hit up with a phishing thing both on the phone and in email within 6 wks or their billing and account software systems are so bad that they completely lose track of your credits.

9. SCARY PART: I got an official-looking alert on the top screen of phone and an email both saying I was completely out of minutes, had to top up. By my own accounting I had used only 50%, but I went online and topped off with a credit card. Phone works again. But because of all the password nonsense, I couldn't check my account for a week. When I did I noticed the account was never credited after I gave the credit Card info. THIS MEANS THAT I MAY HAVE BECOME VICTIM OF A VIRGIN MOBILE PHISHING SCAM, both by PHONE and by email. And they are worried about idiotic password security??? They won't even confirm info so that you could see if you've been a victim of identity theft!

10. I contacted Virgin Mobile...still waiting on a response. I imagine they will shed no light on this whatsoever. And be rude--again. 11. Although my bank doesn't show unusual activity, to be safe I have to cancel the card--which means spending an entire day changing all the utilities and other bills that draft from that card. ALL BECAUSE OF VIRGIN MOBILE's sloppy, rude services.

12. They only allow access to your account info for 60 days--if you aren't smart enough to cut and paste all the info (very time consuming since they only post 10 items per webpage), then you will have even more trouble unraveling the mess THEY created!

13. ON top of all that, reception was incredibly bad.

I spent $20 phone + $20 first top-up card, then days of time dealing with credit card issues related to their sloppy security and accounting practices. If someone already stole my identity I could be in legal, criminal and other trouble. You get what you pay for!!!!

Thank god I did not get stuck with any kind of long-term commitment. It was "Pay as you Go"--and believe me, I'm GOING--to some other carrier.

a0523f2c, 2008-01-20, 04:47PM CST

First off, there is no such thing as a phishing scam over your phone. A phone call maybe, but not a server message that comes up on your phones screen. The only way that would be possible is if it was a text message and if you can't tell the difference between the two then your just an idiot. Secondly, when you see your not credited with an amount you paid, you should really make sure you were actually charged, in this case if what your saying is true, I highly doubt you were charged, authorized maybe, but not charged. As for passwords, write it down the first time and you won't have problems, if you still can't remember most sites have the tab to click when you don't remember. If you can't answer your own security questions then you have more serious issues that you may want to seek professional help with. Good Day

07b74124, 2008-07-17, 12:33PM CDT

I hear ya. I've been having issues with Virgin Mobile too. Someone opened up an account using my name, address, and phone number. I called into explain this to Virgin Mobile, that the phone that is being used was setup using my info. They really didn't care and wouldn't give me any info because I didn't have a pin number. All in All Virgin Mobile sucks and is more committed to protecting those that commite crimes like identity theft.

07b74124, 2008-07-22, 09:38AM CDT

First off, I would have to agree with the guy that wrote the complaint about Virgin Mobile. The reply email that was sent to me proves the incompetence that he must have had to deal with. I didn't write that. What I wrote was, I agree with the writer that Virgin Mobile is a pain in the butt company, and I would never do business with them. I have sent Virgin Mobile a letter explaining to them that someone is using my identity to obtain a phone. Virgin Mobile doesn't seem to care because they are making money. I would have thought that Virgin Mobile would have been interested, that one of their customers has stolen someone elses identity, but I guess not. As long as the money keeps rolling in, Virgin Moblie doesn't give a rip. I'm sure it's some drug dealer that is using my identity, to maintain an account with Virgin Mobile. No big deal, as long as Virgin Mobile gets paid. Virgin Mobile trys to come across as being a hip and trendy company with their voice recordings and website. That's fine, but honesty and good judgment are better character traits that need to be learned and displayed. So instead of trying to sound so cool on your automated voice system, why don't you show some class, and take care of business.