Homes by Whittaker

Posted on Thursday, May 3rd, 2007 at 8:43pm CDT by d826b9d7

Company: Homes by Whittaker

I signed with Whittaker on October 2005. We were told it would take 8 months to complete after the slab was poured. It took them 8 months just to start. They billed us for a large amount of fill without telling us the cost before it was delivered.(We had asked them for 4 months to let us know what the cost would be for extra fill.) When we asked for the original bill from the fill company, they refused to give it to us. The trusses were delivered without being covered. They were put up black with mildewed. We tried to contact the builder through the sales person, the on site supervisor, the main office and return receipt certified letter. We never got a response. We finally moved into our house in March 10, 2007. We are still waiting for repairs to be done on the house from the punch list. We have no expansion joints in our poured concrete driveway, a cracked tile in the bathroom, a large hole underneath our garage side door, two outside spigots that make a constant loud sound when you use them, bubbles in our vinyl flooring, a shower that does not drain properly and tile in the kitchen that was done incorrectly. I would not recommend this builder to anyone. I have built 2 other houses and never incountered the lack of communication or the amount of problems I encountered with this builder!!!