Hampton Bay Fans and Light Fixtures

Posted on Monday, May 28th, 2007 at 1:56pm CDT by 8ea8aba5

Company: Hampton Bay Fans and Light Fixtures

Has anyone ever tried to reach this company on their 800 number or by any other method? This company is unreachable. Can't get them on e-mail, telephone or regular mail. Their web site lacks a link for parts or to contact them. The 800 number is always busy; yes .. I mean ALWAYS!!!!!! To top it all off, they do not answer their regular mail. The light fixture on my bedroom fan is broken and I can't get the parts to fix it. These people's definition of customer service is a joke!!!!! I am ready to throw this piece of garbage away to buy a different brand. A middle finger up to the Hampton Bay Fan and Lighting Company in Atlanta.

b9dd2cc5, 2008-03-27, 07:49PM CDT

I agree with you. I have a beautiful Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan but the light has stopped working. I changed the bulb and the remote batteries. When attepting to contact the company, they refer you to Home Depot and neither Home Depot nor the Hampton Bay web site has contact info for Hampton Bay!! This is Bull@#$%!..A lifetime warranty with no way to obtain service! Maybe a class action suit?

b9dd2cc5, 2008-03-27, 07:50PM CDT

9b3577f6, 2008-04-20, 01:25AM CDT

Ditto. VERY UNHAPPY WITH HAMPTON BAY. Last year I installed two custom order Hampton Bay ceiling track lights in a remodel. Transformers for BOTH tracks quit working less than 3 months after install.

Stumbled onto a handy home remodeling website today (www.bobvila.com) that said there is no "Hampton Bay" lighting co. - it's a Home Depot marketing label. bobvila.com site linked to an informative website called Underwriter Laboratory where you enter the UL label and find out where a product is made, whether it meets UL safety stds, learn about / enter complaints, etc. (UL label was E###### on these two worthless transformers). THe UL tracking site said these particular items were made by some company in China, one of about 100 places making them for Home Depot. They listed an 877 customer service #. But it was just a recorded 'sorry we're not here' message from - surprise! - Home Depot.

78097135, 2008-07-31, 09:24PM CDT

I agree with you I have a ceiling fan made by Hampton Bay. I have been unable to replace a glass fixture for this light. It really sucks since you plan to use these lights for a long time with lifetime warranty but you're out of luck if you try to utilize the ability to replace parts. This is wrong!!! It was purchased at Home Depot.

cd215e20, 2008-08-04, 11:53AM CDT

I found a contact phone number (1-877-527-0313) Home Depot customer service. They will take the question, give you a ticket number, a return phone number, and contact the manufacturer.

17f86225, 2008-11-13, 07:32AM CST

Just FYI... There are several numbers printed all over these units. There are vendoe numbers, date codes, SKU numbers etc. These are all used in identifying the fixture you have to the appropriate resources for assistance. HB customer service is little more than a switchboard. If you want to contact a manufacturer directly, do a google search for UL lookup. Got that directory site and punch in your UL code which typically starts with an E and has 6 numbers. ie... E123456. This will give you the contact information for the actual manufacturer. BTW, you get what you pay for. You wanted something cheap, you got it!

0b7a8132, 2011-08-25, 01:56PM CDT

Hampton Bay fans (Owned and Operated by Home depot)are cheap garbage and so is the management at Home Depot and hampton Bay.

The fans are made in China. (what's new)

The box states they have a (originally LIFE) and (now 15 years) replacement warranty on "the motor", so naturally we consumers, standing in fan isle figure unless we break the light or a blade, we'll be covered. NOT SO.

Most of the problems these fans have are a small capacitor that slowly burns out in only a few years and they expect us to pay (after the first year) $28.00 for it and install ourselves. Or I "am welcome to take the fan to a qualified electrician (at my own expense) if I am not comfortable with doing the repair" said the snotty lady at Hampton Bay. (877-902-5588)

I bought 10 of these fans, installed eight and kept a couple as spares. Si now I will have years of expensive repairs to look foward to...

To the peice of crap who said we get what we paid for...you are the reason we have these problems. I'll bet you voted for Obama and quit making your car payment soon after he was in office!