Masters Cabinet Refacing.....David Footitt

Posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2007 at 5:50am CDT by b9a7bc5a

Company: Masters Cabinet Refacing.....David Footitt

David Footitt, owner of Masters Cabinet Refacing on Maui, Hawaii, was contracted to install a Formica counter top ordered from Counter Tops of Maui. The counter top was supposed to be ready on the same day that the cabinets were installed by Home Depot. David did not have the counter top ready. It was one day late.

When David did come to install the counter top he made same major alterations on three drawers in the cabinet, compromising not only their function but the warranty. Instead of altering the counter top, he re installed these three drawers to fit the counter top. He replaced the screws for nails. He damaged one drawer due to bounding and hammering. I called Home Depot to return to repair the damaged drawer.

David Footitt was completely out of order making alterations on the cabinet that was installed by Home Depot. Besides, he never asked me permission to make alterations on the cabinet. His job was to arrange the counter top to fit the cabinet and not the other way around.

David claims that this is how he does his work. Well, he shouldn't.

I have lost my warranty and I want David Footitt to compensate me for my lost.

Frank Gomes

Case: OCP 2007-937

August 28, 2007

RE: Frank Gomes vs. David L. Footitt dba Masters Cabinet Refacing

Dear Mr. Footitt:

Our investigation of the above-referenced coomplaint against your company has been concluded. There is insufficient evidence to show that you were engaged in an unfair or deceptive act or practice. Thank you for taking the time to discuss the complaint. The complaint wll be placed in our data base for a period of five (5) years as public information. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Very truly yours,