WEEDEATER LAWN MOWER

Posted on Saturday, May 19th, 2007 at 8:40pm CDT by 1b06cd50

Company: WEEDEATER LAWN MOWER

I bought a new mower this year. My last one lasted 10 years. I purchased a weedeater, model 961140002 01, serial # 072806M 109577 at walmart. I bougjt this one as the name weedeater has always be associated with good products.

This one however I CANNOT START !!!!!!. This first time it took me several tries but I finally got it started. The second time I tried to start it my neighbor came over because he felt sorry for me. The third time I could not get it started at all and had to pay to have my lawn mowed. This week I have been trying for 2 days to start it and if I can find someone with a mower I will again have to pay someone to mow my lawn.

I am very self sufficient but I am also disappointed in this brand new mower I have and CANNOT START !!! HELP ME PLEASE..........

42a0bbb9, 2008-04-28, 08:44AM CDT

We bought the weed eater lawn mower from Walmart last year, and it refuse to start the second time, so we returned that one and got a new one. After the winter, the lawn mower can not get started. After several days try, we give up and brought it to a Birggs and Straton official repair place, the min price for them to look at it is >$95.

dcdaec58, 2008-07-21, 06:16PM CDT

i HAVE A WEED EATER LAWN TRACTOR AND ITS 10 YEARS OLD AND THE ONLY THING I EVER HAVE HAD TO DO IS CHANGE THE BLADES AND SPARK PLUG AND A FUEL FILTER,10 YEARS SEEMS TO BE ABOUT AS LONG AS THE BODY LASTS ON THESE AND THEY START TO FALL APART,MECHANICALY THE ENGINE IS PERFECT,STEERING IS LOOSE AND THE TRANS IS ALSO IN VERY GOOD SHAPE,MY TIRES ARE ALMOST WORN OUT ,I HAVE NEVER PUT BELTS ON IT OR ANYTHING I MOW JUST UNDER AN ACRE REGULARLY.i WAS GOING TO CONSIDER BUYING ANOTHER WEED EATER MOWER BUT NOT AFTER WHAT I HAVE READ HERE,HAS ANYONE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE MOWING DECKS PLASTIC DISCHARGE CHUTE? THIS IS THE THIRD ONE IM REPLACEING IT SEEMS TO BE MADE PRETTY CHEAP AND THE BLADES ARE EXPOSED AND ITS A GOOD ROCK SLINGER WHEN IT DOES,ALREADY CAME OFF AND BROKE THE GLASS IN MY TRUCK WITH A ROCK,THE SPRING LATCH ON THE CHUTE GAURD IS MADE OF PLASTIC AND IT BREAKS WHERE ITS ATTACHED TO THE DECK SO WATCH OUT IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE.

f9ae75ca, 2008-08-30, 05:39PM CDT

This is vwery similar to my experience with the 5.0 Weedeater lawn mower I bought at Walmart this year. It did not start on the first try, even after following all the directions about priming, etc. It never has started on the first pull, and completely died two weeks ago. I pulled th filter and cleaned that, then it started. Now, however, its pull cord won't work . I can jiggle it out to about 2/3 the way it should go, but if you try to do one continuous pull it jams up. My previous lawn mower lasted more than ten years. This one hasn't even lasted ten weeks. Other sites mention the same problems, so I don't think this is operator error.

1c5aed84, 2008-10-05, 12:15PM CDT

I also bought a 22in lawn mower (weedeater with 500 series briggs and stratton engine)for trim mower.

It ran good the first couple of times,Now it takes 20 minutes to start. Then only if I take the breather off and manually "choke" it for several minutes to keep it running while it warms up.

I ran my previous mower for years. This one is junk though. Briggs definately needs to scrap the 500 series and return to the old faithful design.

2b911b81, 2008-12-03, 05:17PM CST

Have also had problems starting my Weed Eater 500 series from the very beginning. Thought it just needed some time to break in but the problem persists. Have found it tends to flood if you follow the directions by pumping the bulb three times and then pulling the start cord. Sometimes if I let it sit for about 15minutes after flooding it it will start up on the first pull. Most recently have broken the starter cord and am trying to figure out how to replace it. This is by far the most problematic new or used mower I have ever owned. On the plus side the mower can wack through the tall grass that develops in between successful starts, despite not having a manual throttle control, if I take my time.

8775c238, 2009-07-13, 08:28PM CDT

The very same thing happened to mine! I got upset, and bought a new spark plug at Ace. Put it in, and started right up!

bbcd6665, 2009-07-23, 08:39PM CDT

we have a weed eater lawn mower and we love it!!!!!!!!!!

e4ca759a, 2009-08-03, 02:48PM CDT

Our weed eater from walmart started "ok" the first two times....long enough to go past the 30 day return policy. It rumbles but won't stay started. I gave away my old mower because it was tough to start...now my neighbor is happily mowing away with my old mower and I have this new one taking up space and laughing at me from my garage! It's junk!!!

e4ca759a, 2009-08-03, 02:48PM CDT

f1d78e8d, 2009-08-07, 06:52PM CDT

I have had the same problem. Is yours a push mower? Will any spark plug work?

f1d78e8d, 2009-08-07, 07:07PM CDT

am having same problem. mine is a weedeater 300 series. model no. 961140014.Please help

5a044bc1, 2009-08-13, 07:04PM CDT

I, too, bought a weed eater lawn mower from Walmart. This was the 2nd one that apparently was bad. I will NEVER buy another one. I have spent hours trying to get the mower started. Nor do I have neighbors feel sorry for me and come over to help me.

No, I will never buy another weed eater and at his point, I do not think I will buy another lawn mower from Walmart ever again either

00d127cc, 2009-09-02, 05:37PM CDT

I have Had my weed eater 500 series for 2 years now. Bought it from walmart for 120$. I have never had a problem with it. My Father has problems starting it because he pumps it three times. I pump the priming bulb 6 times twice the manufacturers suggestion and it starts first pull every time. I have never had to replace anything on this mower. Did an oil change the other day because I was fooling around and was pouring random oils into it to try and kill it and it would not die. So the Briggs and Stratton 500 series motor is a very good reliable motor

2893c404, 2010-02-05, 01:15PM CST

Pull the tabs up on the throttle at the carb. Adjust it yourself.Bought one for $40 the other day. Brand new. Would not start past the gas provided by the tickler.The guy told me it ran fine, thought he took me. Two minute fix, new mower for $40.

52011c49, 2010-06-22, 04:57PM CDT

I also bought a weedeater model 500 series 158cc. I,ve had it for 3yrs. I noticed it,s been loosing power. I took the fuel tank off,cleaned fuel system. Changed air filter and spark plug. Used carb. cleaner and it started on first try with lots of power.Take care of your mower and it will take care of your lawn.

d543322f, 2010-07-07, 12:32PM CDT

2010 July - Weedeater mowers from Walmart are still problematic. I had to take mine into the shop and have carb rebuilt after using only 3 times. I emailed and the company told me it was bad gas and not covered by warranty. We used the mower 2 times after repair. On the 2nd time, half way through my small lawn, it smoked then died, had to sit and cool off before it would restart. No more WeedEater products for me. I am leaving bad reviews everywhere possible so this doesn't happen to others.

cb6d1912, 2010-07-16, 01:39PM CDT

I agree! My brand new Weedeater 500 series mover is a piece of junk. I't only weeks old and has alreaady had the carb rebuilt.

6c973c79, 2011-07-05, 11:48AM CDT

I also bought a weedeater 300 series mower last summer . The first one ran one time and then wouldn't start again at all. Walmart replaced it with the same model and that one ran fine the rest of the season but this year it runs rough, won't stay running and won't start again when it dies. Now it won't start at all. I am told the carburetor is messed up. I wouldn't waste my money or my time on another one.

e1af6956, 2011-07-06, 03:43PM CDT

I brought the same mower the other day and I could not figure out how to remove the oil cap,it doesn't screw off.

and one of the back wheels want even

roll,I hate this mower and for 120.00

with taxes it was 133.00 and a rip off!!

b10395a8, 2013-08-26, 12:46PM CDT

I bought a weed eater 20" mower from WM, have taken good care of it, cut a small yard. Its' frame is rusted and broken off on the left rear side. Customer service could care less, this customer is not coming back.