Land of Leather - - LAND OF LEATHER.

Posted on Thursday, March 8th, 2007 at 11:15am CST by d7e79cd9

Company: Land of Leather

Category: Stores, Shopping

IN NOVEMBER 2006 I ORDERED A SUITE FROM LAND OF LEATHER PLYMOUTH FOR DELIVERY END FEB 2007. THIS WAS FINE AND I INFORMED THEM THAT I WOULD HAVE TO REMOVE A CONSERVATORY WINDOW AS THE SETTEE WOULD NOT FIT MY STAIRS. I NOTED THAT THE SALESPERSON LOST ENTHUSIASM AND SOME POLITENESS WHEN I DECLINED TO PURCHASE A WARRANTY

MID FEB I HAD A CALL FROM A LADY WHO DIDN'T IDENTIFY HERSELF REQUESTING THE REMAINING PAYMENT. AS I COULDN'T GET ANY SENSE FROM HER AND AS I WAS GOING AWAY FOR A WEEK I INFORMED HER I WOULD CALL AND ARRANGE ON MY RETURN.

ON MY RETURN I FOUND A LETTER DEMANDING PAYMENT AND THREATENING CHARGES FOR STORAGE ETC. I IMMEDIATELY CALLED AND ARRANGED DELIVERY FOR WED 7TH MARCH. FORTUNATELY I WAS OFF WORK. I HAD A CHIROPRACTOR APPOINTMENT AND IM A WIDOWER WITH TWO CHILDREN THAT I DROP AND PICK UP TO TWO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS.

I WAS INFORMED THAT THE TRUCK WOULD BE LOADED AND LEAVING - BRISTOL (2HRS AWAY) EARLY THAT MORNING AND, THAT THE DRIVER WOULD CALL ME WITH AN ESTIMATED TIME OF DELIVERY. I ARRANGED FOR MY WINDOW TO BE REMOVED AND WAITED, AND WAITED. EVENTUALLY I CALLED THEM AT ABOUT 2-30PM FOR ANY INFO/TIME OF DELIVERY. I WAS INFORMED THAT THE PLYMOUTH STORE HAD CONTACTED THEM SAYING I WAS IN HOSPITAL!!

I ASSURED THEM I WAS NOT, NEVER HAD BEEN AND HAD NOT CONTACTED THE PLYMOUTH STORE SINCE THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE.

SOME TIME LATER THE PLYMOUTH STORE CONTACTED ME (SENIOR SALESPERSON) TO SAY IT HAD BEEN A MISTAKE. HE EVENTUALLY, AGREED FOR ME NOT TO HAVE TO PAY DELIVERY. IT WAS ARRANGED FOR DELIVERY NEXT DAY AND I WAS AGAIN INFORMED OF THE DRIVER LOADING AND CALLING ME WITH ESTIMATED TIME OF DELIVERY. I FIXED UP THE WINDOW FOR THE NIGHT WEDGING IT IN POSITION AS BEST I COULD.

NEXT DAY I HEARD NOTHING SO CALLED THEM AT 9-40AM. I WAS INFORMED THE DRIVER WAS LOADING AND WOULD CALL ME WITH ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME SHORTLY. I WAITED AND WAITED. I CALLED THE BRISTOL CENTRE SIX FURTHER TIMES THROUGH THE DAY, FOUR TIMES I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD GET THE DRIVER TO CALL ME - IT NEVER HAPPENED! AGAIN I HAD TO PICK UP MY CHILDREN AND ANOTHER VISIT TO THE CHIROPRACTOR

I CALLED THE PLYMOUTH STORE AT 4PM AND SPOKE TO ANOTHER SENIOR SALESPERSON. HE WAS MAGICALLY ABLE TO CONTACT THE DRIVER AND INFORM ME THEY HAD THREE MORE DELIVERIES THEN IT WOULD BE MY TURN AT ABOUT 6PM.

HE DID SAY SORRY BUT WAS VERY PATRONIZING AND DIDN'T SEEM AT ALL CONCERNED - AS IF TO SAY "WELL WHAT DO YOU EXPECT" OR "YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT A PROBLEM" I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER BUT HE WONT BE IN WORK UNTIL TOMORROW 9AM. LETS HOPE THAT'S 9AM AS WE KNOW IT NOT LAND OF LEATHER TIME.

FROM MY EXPERIENCE THIS COMPANY AND STORE HAVE A TERRIBLE ATTITUDE TO CUSTOMERS. I FEEL THEY WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO NOT HELP ME. I HAVE TOTALLY WASTED TWO DAYS WHICH HAVE BECOME VERY STRESSFUL AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO CARE AT ALL.

AT THE TIME OF WRITING I HAVE ANOTHER HOUR TO WAIT AND HOPE! I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THE DRIVER.