Acer Computer

Company: Acer Computer

Temple Texas

Acer Computer

3/24/07

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire AST 160 that I bought in 8/7/06, New from Circuit City...

It locked up on startup in February. It came with a 1 year warranty on parts.

I called Circuit City and was referred to Acer. I called them on 2/24 and left a message for a tech call-back. No one called.

On 2/26, I called a local FIX it store and they said it sounded like a software problem. (Not covered in ACER's 1 year warranty) so took I took it in for reload of Windows XP.

After the reload did NOT work, they found a bad modem, replaced it with a used one and got it working. I sent back the bad modem to Acer and they sent back a new modem-(which I have no need for) and a letter saying it's STILL under warranty for hardware till October '07.

After a couple weeks reloading and re-activating ALL my erased programs I found Movie Maker will not work. I use Movie Maker a lot. I contacted ACER and they wrote back..

“Dear Thomas, Thank you for contacting Acer America. As Acer America does not test third party software we are unable to provide technical support or recommendations regarding this issue. For assistance with this issue, it will be necessary for you to contact the manufacturer of this software.”

Movie Maker is PART of XP, service Pak 2....Loaded by ACER when they made the computer. How is that third party software? It worked fine, before the lock-up, reload & bad modem.

So I took it back to the FIX it store to reload service Pak 2.

Total REPAIRS cost $306.03.....Cost of the Computer NEW was $397.

....and Movie Maker still does NOT work. What can I do?

Thomas