IAB Health Insurance

Posted on Tuesday, March 20th, 2007 at 6:27pm CDT by f1214196

Company: IAB Health Insurance

IAB Insurance out of Dallas Texas has a rep at 866-502-5895 named Cris who worked with me on a Sunday regarding the company he represents. At length I explained my dilema of severe back pain, requiring medical attention immediately and the right plan for my needs to be met. At no time was I told of a procesing fee of $100.00 that was put on my credit card just as fast as my plan amount of $104.98.

I had checked providers and each of the doctors I wanted to see were there. I signed up and phoned at 9 a.m. Monday to schedule my appointment. I pointed out to them that I was on this IAB plan, to which they stated they did not honor discount programs. I went in because that is why I signed up. The cost was over 400.00 with xrays and perscriptions. Please keep in mind that I was given id and customer numbers as I was covered same day for my visits they said.

In phoning the rep he stated you can't go to a doctor for 14 days until you get your card. That is not what I was told on Sunday.

I desire to cancel for it states within 30 days you can.

The rep says when the packet comes I will have the number to call. They state they bill on the 22nd of each month and I will be billed again before getting the packet to get to cancel. To date nothing about this company is anything I want to be a part of.

The rep also says that the doctors and others are under contract and have to honor it. When I said well they didn't he asked why I would go there then...dah....because your cxompany said I could so I did and paid dearly for it to boot!

I suggest that no one sign up until they have read all the complaints that I have now come across since signing up. The best I have gotten is a promise to call his asociate and get to the bottom of this and call me back....we shall see...Shawn O., Ohio

da6d11dd, 2008-06-04, 12:44PM CDT

Totally sympathize with your situation. I had the same guy named Chris also sell me this totally mispresented policy. I have had a ungodly experiance dealing with all the companies they sourced out my policy to. They aren't frauds I don't know what they are. And this guy named Chris should be arrested.

83a13570, 2009-10-29, 02:31PM CDT

This is not suprising. They have an office in Lehigh Acres Florida that doews not even have one person licensed to the state of Florida to sell insurance. On top of that the owner and president at this location Maxwell Melrose is a convicted felon so he is unable to even obtain a valid insurance license. It is amazing the people they have representing their organization....

57363235, 2010-01-12, 04:23PM CST

I wanted to clear up some of the misconceptions about IAB / International Association of Benefits. Looking at some of the complaints, I've seen some people who were unclear about what IAB really offers. I've been a member of IAB (and an associate) since 2002 and I LOVE the program. I have personally helped hundreds of individuals, families, and businesses get the benefits they normally couldn't get due to existing conditions, costs, underwriting, and dozens of other reasons.

IAB is committed to making a positive influence in the lives of families and individuals by providing affordable access to a variety of benefits which include savings on insured and non-medical services that in most cases are available only to large groups and companies. By educating our members on these benefits it is our goal to enhance their lifestyle.

IAB has relationships with licensed insurance companies that have issued a group insurance policy to the association. This allows IAB to make certain limited insured benefits available to our members. IAB has memberships plans which offer automatic enrollment in these group policies (medical, hospital, dental, accident) without the need for underwriting or qualifying, no long term contracts, no need for physical exams or a personal medical history, and regardless of previous or current health conditions. Also, as a member there are benefits included in your membership such as identity theft, legal, and dozens of other benefits that provide you with security, safety, and peace of mind.

If you have ANY questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me for detailed information about IAB. If you understand what IAB offers, you too will be a member for multiple years.

Glenn Kastner

303-674-6406 / 800-800-2716

www.iabmemberships.com

146bde85, 2010-03-03, 02:40AM CST

My name is Maxwell Melrose, and I work for IAB in an enrollment center located in Lehigh Acres, Florida. I have worked for IAB since April, 2006. In that time,

we have helped out THOUSANDS (3824 as of 03/02/2010) receive affordable Health Benefits issued by IAB. I'd like to make 2 points very clear. First, IAB is NOT an insurance company. They are a Benefits Association that has contracted with companies to provide their members access to benefits that include Insured benefits from licensed insurance companies, reduced rates at network Dr's and Hospitals through Beechstreet, one of the largest PPO networks in the country, as well as many other Medical and Consumer benefits. These benefits have helped out people who were TURNED DOWN BY EVERY INSURANCE COMPANY, OR COULDN'T AFFORD TRADITIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE AND HAVE NO OTHER ALTERNATIVES.We do not represent the plans available as insurance policies, PERIOD. IAB has helped out over 1 million people achieve some form of affordable healthcare. As a testiment, we still have 68% of the people that enrolled with IAB through our enrollment center in 2006. One of the biggest problems with people who enroll in the IAB plans is that they expect these plans to perform miracles. Well, that is just not the case. The average person who uses their plan properly always has a good experience. But some people are never satisfied no matter what their plans do for them.

In reference to my criminal record, I have nothing to hide. In 2007,I pled guilty to a felony charge for possession of a controlled substance. Since that time, I have become very involved with Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous, and have led a clean & sober life. Since we are marketing IAB memberships, I am not required to hold and insurance license because WE ARE NOT SELLING INSURANCE! I have never had a complaint posted against me until this one showed up. After careful research, I found that this comment was posted by a Mr. Richard Osbern from Fort Lauderdale Florida. Mr. Osbern has been obsessively stalking my wife Lisa, and has tried in every sense to damage our marriage, to the point that I have taken out a restraining order in Lee County to prevent this man from continuing his harrassment. We've had to change our phone numbers & Email accounts as well.To say the least, the man is pretty creepy.

Anyone who would like the real facts about IAB can contact me by Email at: [email protected] You can also call me at (954)636-8168. Also, DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE! Go to www.iabbenefits.com/amh

146bde85, 2010-03-03, 03:16AM CST

we have helped out THOUSANDS (3824 as of 03/02/2010) receive affordable Health Benefits issued by IAB. I'd like to make 2 points very clear. First, IAB is NOT an insurance company. They are a Benefits Association that has contracted with companies to provide their members access to benefits that include Insured benefits from licensed insurance companies, reduced rates at network Dr's and Hospitals through Beechstreet, one of the largest PPO networks in the country, as well as many other Medical and Consumer benefits. These benefits have helped out people who were TURNED DOWN BY EVERY INSURANCE COMPANY, OR COULDN'T AFFORD TRADITIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE AND HAVE NO OTHER ALTERNATIVES.We do not represent the plans available as insurance policies, PERIOD. IAB has helped out over 1 million people achieve some form of affordable healthcare, and has been a non profit association since 1982. As a testiment, we still have 68% of the people that enrolled with IAB through our enrollment center in 2006. One of the biggest problems with people who enroll in the IAB plans is that they expect these plans to perform miracles. Well, that is just not the case. The average person who uses their plan properly always has a good experience. But some people are never satisfied, no matter what their plans do for them.

In reference to my criminal record, I have nothing to hide. In 2007,I pled guilty to possession of a controlled substance, which is a felony in Florida. Since that time, I have become very involved with Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous, and have led a clean & sober life. Since we are marketing IAB memberships, I am not required to hold and insurance license because WE ARE NOT SELLING INSURANCE! I have never had a complaint posted against me until this one showed up. After careful research, I found that this comment was posted by a Mr. Richard Osbern from Fort Lauderdale Florida. Mr. Osbern has been obsessively stalking my wife Lisa since November of 2008, and has tried in every sense to damage our marriage, our professional & personal lives, to the point that I have taken out a restraining order in Lee County to prevent this man from continuing his harrassment. We've had to change our phone numbers & Email accounts as well.To say the least, the man is pretty creepy.

5eaebef5, 2010-04-07, 02:07PM CDT

I cancelled IAB insurance because it

was not the insurance i needed and

I SENT BACK THE CARDS AND WANT MY

BE USEFUL. SEND ME BACK THE MONEY

YOU TOOK FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT TO THE

BANK ACCOUNT NOW!!!!

31776fc9, 2010-06-14, 11:00PM CDT

okay, now let me get this right. IAB is NOT a health insurance company? but yet they advertise as an health insurance company. By reading from what other complaints written on this website about IAB That they "out sources" to other health insurance companies that will give us so called customers a discount and very limited coverage. Am I right or wrong on this?

5d48d902, 2010-08-10, 05:28PM CDT

My son had a Stage IV GBM Brain tumor the size of my fist growing inside his brain in 2005. I had tried to obtain health insurance for him to no avail. He was denied every time because of a pre-existing condition.

Imagine my surprise when I get a call from a man who tells me not only will this "insurance" cover David's MRIs, CT scans and specialist visits, it offers full hospital coverage and prescriptions. He even took the names of David's doctors and told me they were in fact on his list. I was just thrilled. David would finally have insurance.

David waited about a week and then called to schedule a badly needed appointment with his Neurosurgeon and when they asked for insurance information, he read them the information on his insurance card. He was told that they did not take this discount program; and it wasn't an insurance company. The card had:

Fairmont Specialty

Physician & Hospital Program

Underwritten by US Fire Ins. Company, a part of Fairmont Specialty

A National PPO and affiliated Network Plan

This card had a Member # as well as a Group #. All legit looking.

Initially, I had spoken to a Mr. Slack; I remember it because my family had a friend with the same name who had his own Realty Company. My son called 5 days straight and was told someone would return his call. When he mentioned that he wanted to cancel his insurance, they said they would call him. No one ever called him and when he called on the sixth day, the premium of $163.00 had been deducted from his checking account once again and they said there were no refunds. No matter what he told this man, the man continued to parrot, "Sir, we offer no refunds". So, my son, who is a cancer survivor put out something like $600+ received nothing in return. Nothing! Not even advice!

If there was a way, I would sue the pants off this company. David has very little money and none to throw away.

If I can find a way, I would like to take these people to court and get David's $600+ back for him.

Then today, we received a "Free Prescription Card" from them accompanied by a letter stating they had cancelled his plan; adding insult to injury.

mon

WARNING: Do not be fooled by someone on the phone who makes the deal sound like it is too good to be true because it probably is!

da34ddfd, 2010-10-08, 08:37PM CDT

The best part is their sales reps say it is ppo insurance and even went so far as compairing it to blue cross blue sheild insurance costing 800.00 a month or more. Then they record you on the phone saying its a discount plan.

So they cost me my cobra insurance plan and my wife has a pre existing condition. totally screwed by a rep called stacy. its time for a class action lawsuit aginst these low bastards. The owners and sales reps should be injected with cancer and forced to use only IAB...

bbe5d050, 2010-10-21, 09:28AM CDT

I had nothing but problems with what I was told I was covered for only to find out NOTHING was covered out of network! SO 4,000 later, I'm in debt due to their shoddy business practices!! PG NY

813d30bf, 2010-11-22, 01:41PM CST

We were sold health coverage by Mr. Maxwell Melrose, having been told that the IAB plan was a discount plan, and the backup plan was Firemens Mutual. We are now sitting with a $48,0000...yes $48,0000 hospital bill they did not cover

AT ALL, and a $3,500 doctor bill also not covered! Max Melrose assured us that if the discount plan didn't cover it, the Firemens Insurance would. We were TOTALLY LIED TO BY MAX MELROSE REGARDING COVERAGE.......TO PUT IT SIMPLY...THERE NEVER WAS ANY COVERAGE. By the way, you will benefit more by getting a simple discount card from your pharmacy for prescriptions, as the rip-off coverage we were sold has NOT COVERED EVEN ONE CENT OF "ANY PRESCRIPTION". THIS IS TO MAX MELROSE: YOU CANNOT TURN ME INTO A STALKER OR NUT BECAUSE I RESIDE IN PENNSLVANIA. DO NOT BUY THIS COVERAGE BECAUSE, SIMPLY PUT,......IT COVERS NOTHING.....NOT ONE PENNY.

a2e300e1, 2010-12-30, 10:01AM CST

I lost my other insurance and was currently pregnant with a pre-existing condition when looking, the sales representative I spoke with pressured me that this was the ONLY place I could receive coverage and any other place was a hoax.... He insisted on getting me signed up that day and feeling unsure about whether or not I would have coverage I thought it was better than nothing. I received the packet in the mail about a week later, looked very legit, my understanding was that it was not an insurance company but a savings plan and attempt at reducing benefits... I did find other health insurance that was more worth the money, two weeks after signing up I called IAB to cancel - Member Services Took my Information (like they didn't even have me on file) and said someone would call me back. Noone called. One week later, I called again - I complained I did not receive a call back, I was transferred to a voicemail for the person to call me back, noone called. Obviously, they did not want to refund my money within 30 days as guaranteed. I've tried again weekly and no matter how frustrated , I get with the rude representatives that answer the person that needs to cancel your services always needs to just call you back they are always not available... I cancelled my card so taht they could not recharge me for the next month, they did attempt and have begun contacting me to get my card updated (automated voicemail and email) however, when I call back again THIS MORNING - guess what ! Someone will call me back.... At least I have prevented them from losing money in the future, but I am still owed my refund for what I initially paid.

8c248e3d, 2011-01-06, 10:56PM CST

IAB is a scam, stay away unless you want to pour money into the drain.

f908bdf5, 2011-01-10, 06:00PM CST

I just had the same thing happen to me! They sold this to me as insurance when in fact it's a discount card! BIG DIFFERENCE!

Will be filing a BBB complaint asap.

6592fe82, 2011-02-11, 02:25PM CST

I've been with IAB over 15 years and although its a discount plan, its better than having no insurance at all. Many doctors will not even see you if you don't have insurance. I usually don't have to pay the doctor up front when I go. I get billed in a month or two. Recently, I needed x-rays; I gave them my card; 10 xrays were taken and I will get billed for them. At least I didn't have to shell out $600.00 at that time. My office visits are only $25; that's cheaper than many other HMOs and PPOs. I don't know what kind of plan you got, but that doesn't sound like the one I'm on.

cc7381c4, 2012-01-06, 04:25PM CST

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE. I JUST GOT TAKEN BY THE THE SAME BULL SHIT BUT I CALLED THE F.B.I. ON THIS I.A.B. INS GROUPE, BECAUSE, WHEN I WENT TO CHECK MY VISA ACCOUNT TO SEE IF THE MONEY HAD BEEN TAKEN IT WAS BUT, BY I.A.B.UNDER A.K.A. WAS INT. FASHION FOR THE 138.00 DLS. PLUS 149.95 DLS. PLUS 15.95 DLS. FOR TOTAL 303.90 DLS.THIS AMOUNT WAS TO BE MY INS. PYMT. AND WAIT TILL I GET MY LAWYERS ON THIS CASE THEY ARE SHARK!!!

7ba4d59b, 2012-05-25, 03:23PM CDT

i am in th4 same situation. I took the "insurance" then went in the hospital, they covered nothing..so i called to cancel, but the money kept coming out of my checking account. good luck shawn...this company is a rip off.

981a4c38, 2012-06-04, 05:09PM CDT

THEY ARE A SCAM!! First, this is not an insurance company, it is more of a discount club. My mom had signed up with this company even after telling her about all the horrible reviews they've received. We were with them for 60 days, and during that time I faxed them one dental claim. I was told I would receive a check within two weeks, a month later, nothing. I called and spoke to the extremely rude male who is in charge of filing the dental claims. He told me that the kind of procedures I had done were in a category of which had to be done after 90 days of being with them, and that i got them done after 60 days, so I didn't qualify. seriously!?!. We were paying them 400$ a month, and my dental claim would have only given me back 250$ of a 2000$ bill. I called services many about 5 times before I got my procedure done to make sure everything would go smoothly. Not one person told me about the 90 day qualification. This company is a SCAM. Don't waste your time or money with these thieves.

Anonymous, 2012-06-12, 12:30PM CDT

I have been in the hospital for 9 days with pneumonia, asthma, and hypokelimia. No insurance will accept me and I got a friendly call from Max Melrose and his wife Lisa. They seemed really nice and eager to help me. I'm still in the hospital and have not yet received my medical cards nor can I get in touch with Max and Lisa. I was screwed. I called the corporate line and a Mrs. Johnson answered and said she apologized for the confusion and I will get my money back. Yeah right! Still haven't seen a dime. How can people be so cruel to sick helpless victims. I know I should have been more cautious but I'm sick I don't have the time or energy to investigate. Please if there is a lawyer out there willing to help me and David to get our money back that would be wonderful.

Sarah

Laurie, 2012-11-23, 07:08AM CST

My Husband and I are in the same boat as many of these people - my husband was in the hospital in June - the hospital was told I had no Insurance - When I called they said it would be taken care of - and I should have them call a different # - because they (the hospital which called the # on the back of the card) had the wrong # - hospital was still told we had no coverage - the doctor's office won't even deal with this company because it is a bunch of CRAP (there discription) - many phone calls - lots of fax - over $3,000 paid to this company and all they have put out is about $200 - Now I just get a busy signal when I call - now in debt up to our eyeballs - in our 60's - why is this company allowed to take advantage of people - the rich keep getting richer - the poor keep getting poorer (and taken advantage of) - is there any one out there that can stop these people -

1715ebc6, 2012-12-11, 02:30PM CST

In September of 2012, the United States Federal Trade Commission sued IAB in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and obtained an injunction preventing IAB from advertising, marketing, promoting, offering for sale, or selling any products or services that are, are related to, or purportedly related to medical discount plans or health-related insured benefits. See www.iabreceivership.com for more information.