FW: Purchase/repairs of 1995 Dodge Intrepid

From: Tara Conner [mailto:COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_16746#]

Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 3:51 PM

To: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_64638#'; COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_64639#'

Subject: Purchase/repairs of 1995 Dodge Intrepid

Just to make sure that you are aware, Rick, this has been sent to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, the BBB, Action Line (Miami Herald), Help me Howard (Channel 7), and Problem Solvers (Channel 10).

On January 4th, 2007, I purchased the above mentioned car from Brickell Motors. The "Buyers Guide" in the window of the car indicated that the vehicle was covered by a limited warranty, sytems covered being engine, transmission, and rear end with a $150.00 deductible.

The "Buyers Guide" brought out at the time of sale was left blank, and my salesman "Horatio" requested that we sign the buyers guide while blank and he would take it to the GM (Rick Barraza) to be filled in. We felt a little uncomfortable doing this as they requested we sign a blank document, I however had a nine month old baby that was tired of being at the dealership after 3 hours, so we signed it and off he went to the GM. when he returned, the buyers guide indicated the car was sold "As-is", my husband tore up this buyers guide and we left the dealership with the vehicle.

Four days later, the vehicle was severly leaking oil, to the amount of about a cup per stop sign. In good faith (I have a mechanic shop at my place of business) I notified Rick that I would replace the oil pan gasket out of my pocket, but should the vehicle need more repairs, we would have to work something out. The oil pan gasket was not the source of the leak, so I notified Rick I would take the vehicle to a Dodge dealership, (it would not have made it back to Brickell) and notify him what repairs need to be done and would find out what he wanted to do about it. It was determined on 1/12 that the crank shaft seal and the 2 cam seals were to blame (definitely engine related issues), repairs of which are to the tune of $542.50 plus tax.

I phoned Rick on that day and left him a voice mail letting him know I had got the estimate and for him to please return my phone call, I left two more messages today, 1/15 and once he answered my call saying he would get back to me in 30 minutes, I have not heard from him.

I have notified Dodge to go ahead and correct the issue.

(IN RESPONSE TO QUESTION ASKED ABOUT SATISFACTION TO THIS COMPLAINT)

A satisfaction to my complaint would be to be reimbursed the $542.50 (+tax) less my $150.00 deductible, as I was not given the option by Mr. Barraza of him repairing the car.

If necessary, I will obtain counsel for this matter, but I would prefer to deal with it between ourselves. Feel free to contact me at 305-972-7694.

Sincerely,