Acer Aspire notebook-faulty repairs

San Jose, CA 95134

Acer America Repair

1394 Eberhardt Rd.

Temple, TX 76504

My Acer notebook, purchased from TigerDirect, was new from the box Christmas Day 2006 and never worked more than 8-10 hours. It starts spontaneously rebooting and then ultimately dies and won't boot. Gives message… Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: WindowsSystem32ConfigSystem. It is now supposedly on its way back from its fourth trip to Acer Repair and apparently FedEx has lost it. They tried to deliver Tuesday (03/13/07) and I couldn't be home to sign for it but left a note saying I'd be here Friday. Driver wrote "will hold until Friday" on the door tag, so I stayed home all day Friday and they never showed. Anyway, the first two returns, they just reloaded the software, then they sent me a hard drive to replace myself, then I sent it back a third time and they replaced the hard drive again. It had the same problem after every attempted repair. Now I don't know what they have done because FedEx still has it. I doubt I will ever get it fixed, but I'm at least going to make sure they lose more money on it than I have. I had to buy another notebook (an HP this time) because I needed a computer, not a doorstop.

I feel that if the notebook can't be repaired after three months and four attempts they should replace it with a working unit. All I want is a computer that works!

Gregory P. Cautrell