Virgin Mobile violating Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991

Posted on Tuesday, June 26th, 2007 at 12:01am CDT by 9260e08e

Company: Virgin Mobile violating Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991

For the past year I have been attacked by deliberate

hack spammed text messages, disabling my phone,

possibly as retaliation. Sophos recommended that

Virgin Mobile provide the header information from

those messages, which will give me the sender site. I

can then contact the site that is sending the messages

and request they provide the sender I.P. so I can go

after the criminal behind this. Unfortunately Virgin

Mobile, who is making 5&#162 per spam refuses to do

anything despite the fact that it is a violation of

the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991. I have

contacted the FTC, the FBI, my Congressman, and the

FCC and they all say Virgin is my only remedy source.

Any advice?

21d8b0bd, 2008-01-04, 04:18PM CST

What makes you think it`s a hacker...it`s Virgin Mobile doing it. They do it to almost every subscriber outside the US...where it is technically illegal. They take full advantage of it in Canada where we don`t have a potent litigation system like you do. Here is what I posted on other websites, and if you look around on the internet you will realize just who is spamming you...it nearly cost me my life when I could not make an emergency phone call during subzero blizzard conditions:

I was with virgin mobile in Canada...never even imagined that a company can be that fraudulent and get away with it!

What they are doing here is spamming your text mail with stupid messages/advertising and charging it to your airtime...regardless what you try they won`t stop.

I switched to a pay as you go...prepaid $50, never even got to make a single call and all my airtime had vanished...they preloaded my inbox while my phone was out of service to the extent that I would have to pay hundreds of $ in order to use this telephone....

my advice: dump this company and stomp on your Virgin Mobile telephone.....I`m going back to a regular Telephone Company.