Amazon.coms lousy service

Posted on Saturday, June 2nd, 2007 at 1:05pm CDT by 04a45159

Company: Amazon.coms lousy service

June 2, 2007

I placed an order with Amazon.com on May 24th. My estimated delivery dates were May 30 to June 1st. I was also given a tracking number.

When my items did not arrive by June 1st, I went into my email and tried to use the tracking number that Amazon.com gave me. Well packages sent by USPS cannot be tracked, so why do I have a tracking number?

I called Amazon.com and spoke with a representative who was absolutely NO help what so ever. It was a waste of time. He did know how to give excuses.

Here is what Amazon had to say:

It's been our experience that the majority of late packages arrive

just a day or two after the estimated delivery date. Therefore, we

would like to ask that you wait until close of business on June 6,

2007 for this shipment to arrive.

I guess Amazon.com can't count either.

This is the second order in a row to be arriving late. My last order took a detour and was headed in the wrong direction. I called Amazon.com and they did not care. I guess they didn't think I knew where I lived. I kept trying to tell them that my order was going way off course, but they did nothing to correct the problem.

I finally emailed UPS and informed them that my package was headed in the wrong direction. Surprisingly, UPS admitted they made a big mistake and corrected the situation and got my package to me in record time. If they hadn't listened, I don't know where my order would have ended up.

I was very disappointed in Amazon.com for not doing anything to correct the problem. All they cared about was the fact that they had gotten their money.

I am now done with Amazon.com. Their prices on some things may be cheaper, but it isn't worth the lousy customer service and aggravation.

_____

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam and email virus protection.

e94b6c7c, 2008-11-11, 02:13PM CST

I also have the same problem i need my memory card for my SLR i ordered and my house in in washington it started in arizona now it is going tokentucky WTF? now i probably will not be able to take pictures on my trip which is soon if UPS doesnt fix the problem i already emailed them..

478d8949, 2009-12-17, 03:53PM CST

amen...now wait until you try to use one of your limit of 5 in-a-lifetime A-Z guarantees within the 90 day period and find out you only had 14 days from the purchase date to file the claim and you now get NOTHING!!...then you will truly understand the meaning of "ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!"