Affordable Post Holes - Fw: Affordable Post Holes --

Posted on Friday, July 6th, 2007 at 10:05am CDT by e3c2d7d1

Company: Affordable Post Holes

Category: Building, Construction

I agreed with my neighbors to cancel the contractor I hired to do fence posts as the contractor that everyone else was going with was $2.00 cheaper. Well I made a major mistake. Do not hire "Affordable Post Holes" in Durham Region to set your posts. They are young, unprofessional kids. Let me tell you about my experience.

First they did not show up about three other times that they were supposed to. Next when they did come to dig the posts they went back and fourth from property to property and not completing the job. They had a blond girl with a skirt and no safety shoes squirting water in the cement mixer. I will put it to you this way, it was not the proper water to cement ratio. They then proceeded to have a water fight at the front yard while cement and dirt went all over the neighbors properties.

At about 7:30 at night all the crew were excited as they got tickets to the Tranformers movie. They left that night and left my holes un set. I explained to the owner that it was supposed to rain the next day and it was really dangerous to leave the holes unset as I have a 2 year old and other children were also around me. The owner Dave mentioned that he can work in the rain and would be back the next day at 7:30 am sharp. This was after one of the workers told me that they needed to set all the holes tonight. This employee said he was going to talk with the owner to make sure they finish the job tonight and come right back. He never came back.

The next day at 7:30 am no-one showed up and it was raining hard. All 36 holes filled with water. The owner came by and said that he could not come early because it was raining. I explained that there is a by law that all holes drilled needed to be set. he mentioned that he was not aware of this. I also explained my frustration for other workers leaving the job to go to a movie. I advised to get off the property and not to come back. I then had to clean the big mess and rent a pump to drain the water in the holes.

This was a blessing in disguise as i did have very reputable contractor willing to help me out. If you need someone to do your posts a highly highly highly recommend him. His information is below.

Lesson to everyone, do not go cheap and if you start getting warning signs get out!!!!!

If you need fence posts done in Durham Region Bill is amazing and came highly recommended by others.

8b2deb8d, 2007-07-24, 09:54AM CDT

Hi I forgot to add the person who saved our buts from the people that I

launched a complaint about. Please add the following:

"I highly recommend Bill to do your post holes. He and his crew are true

professionals.

PhPs Post Holes Posts-Set

905-728-1800"

48f52594, 2012-06-01, 09:53AM CDT

I used a company call "Accurate Post Holes" the owner was named Tim, I think. They were great! Even my neighbour was blown away by the professionalism. I found the website www.accuratepostholes.com and decided to use them. The crew and owner were funny and friendly. I recommend them to everyone.