Auto Radiator Outlet / www.radiator.com

Posted on Monday, July 2nd, 2007 at 5:21pm CDT by fce50766

Company: Auto Radiator Outlet / www.radiator.com

Auto Radiator Outlet 1-800-252-0333

a franchise of radiator.com, www.radiator.com, 1888-radiator

Do NOT use this company. I got two radiators from them, both failed

within 3 years. Their Lifetime Exchange Warranty is a scam, as they

will not replace the failed radiator without first testing themselves

the failed one. Which means you either you buy another one from them or

you leave your car not working for several days while they verify their

radiator failed at their warehouse. If they sell you a 2nd one to use

while they test the first one, you then have to hound them to get a

refund to back under their Lifetime Exchange Warranty. Specifics, I

bought a radiator for a Toyota Avalon in April 2003. It failed and was

replaced (after a hassle) in December 2004. Now, in June 2006, it

failed again (reputable auto repair shop says the lower tank leaks).

They want me to buy another radiator (for $140) from them while they

take the failed one and verify it failed. After explaining the repeated

failures to 3 different people at 1-800-252-0333, Auto Radiator Outlet,

I gave up and bought a replacement for $250 from the auto repair shop.

The $100 savings is not worth the hassle of being without a car for

several days while the verify the their radiator did indeed fail again.

=20

Floyd McDaniel

Dallas, TX

1a1dbaf0, 2008-07-02, 05:38PM CDT

My radiator from them lasted a bit longer (just under four years), but obtaining a replacement from them is next to impossible. My invoice number is invalid, call back tomorrow, or endless transfers that are never answered is the norm. I paid for the extra warranty because it was only $20, shame on me. If you buy from them after reading this, shame on you.

2082df7a, 2009-02-18, 05:00PM CST

The radiator I bought from them failed in 2 years. I had a local company install it, which is no longer in business. I was told there was no labor warranty, I had to pull the radiator myself (or pay to have it removed), then run the radiator to the warehouse for inspection. It is all very much a hassle. THEY MAKE IT A HASSLE.

Buy from a local company you trust. $100 savings is not worth this aggravation.

Buying from this company is one of the biggest mistakes I've made.

db971832, 2009-02-18, 05:01PM CST

Buy from a local company you trust. $100 savings is not worth this aggravation.

Buying from this company is one of the biggest mistakes I've made.

bd13b946, 2010-03-15, 10:12AM CDT

I got a radiator from this company also! What a rip off! I have been dealing with the local office in Waynesboro, VA and the guy over the claims has ran me around and around. He was very rude and obnoxious. I had a life time warranty and they will not honor it. I only wish that I had read these complaints before my purchase. I would pay double for another one before I would give this guy another dime.

5c6c0b59, 2012-12-28, 02:29PM CST

I agree, the lifetime warranty is a joke. My radiator from this company lasted 9 years before springing several leaks. So it did serve its time. But since it came with lifetime warranty, I called them up anyway. The first thing the rep said was that the radiator was warranted against manufacturing defects for a year. I insisted that the receipt said lifetime warranty. Then she said leaks are not the result of manufacturing defects. I asked how she knew that. She said any issues that result from manufacturing defects would show up within the first 30 days. Any problems that appear beyond a year are definitely not caused by manufacturing defects. I.e. their so-called lifetime warranty is really a 1-year warranty at best at only a 30-day warranty at worst. Contrast this with Autozone's interpretation of lifetime warranty. My experience with Autozone is that they cheerfully replace any lifetime-warrantied part--even parts that obviously wear, such as brake pads and struts--that fails for any reason no matter how old.

So I'd say my radiator from radiator.com lived up to expectations in terms of lifespan, but if you do buy a radiator from them, assume that it comes essentially without warranty. I will buy my next radiator from a local auto store where I know lifetime warranties are actually honored.