Missing Baggage at Air India

Posted on Thursday, July 12th, 2007 at 9:38am CDT by b75f7a3a

Company: Missing Baggage at Air India

Category: Airlines

My name is Stefanie and my husband Nicholas and I traveled on Air India (flight 125) on 7/8/07 from LHR to ORD. Our luggage has not made it on that flight and is still missing. Unfortunately we did not receive luggage tag receipts with our boarding passes at check-in with Air India in London (we also checked all tickets and other documentation with no luck). We filed a Property Irregularity Report with Air India upon arrival in Chicago after we were told that there is no more luggage from AI125 flight that same evening (7/8) and were told that we would hear back from Air India the next day to see if LHR has found the luggage. Today is 7/12 and we still have not heard back from Air India on the status of the luggage, neither if it was found or not. This is extremely disappointing as my husband and I have barely any clothes to live on at the moment and are forced to buy new clothes with no compensation. I have absolutely no luck getting through the Missing Baggage claim number of Air India at ORD or at Heathrow. I sent emails, called them and am now thinking of just showing up at the Missing Baggage claim desk in Chicago so at least I can TALK to someone!

I was able to leave one voicemail on 7/10 at 9:00 AM, but have not heard back since. Every time I try to call the number, I get a message that the mailbox of Air India at ORD is full. I have no other way of communicating with them other than the phone number I was given (773-686-1435) and their website.

I can not believe at how poorly this has been handled by the Airline. If I don't get my bags back, I will make sure that the public knows about this one way or the other!

Stefanie