World Market Gift Card

Posted on Monday, January 8th, 2007 at 10:00am CST by 26ce40b5

Company: World Market Gift Card

I purchased a gift card online from World Market on 12/10/06 to give a s a Christmas Gift. A physical card was mailed but on 12/21, I realized I had not received it. I tracked the package on FED EX and it had been delivered to the Fed Ex facility near my house on 12/13 but never had gone any further. I called Fed Ex and they were tracking it but suggested I call World Market (WM). I call WM on 12/22 and we decided to cancel the first card (de-value it) and re-issue a new card. I asked if there would be a new order number and was told no. The customer service rep told me I would not get it before Christmas and I told her that was fine.

On 1/2/07 I received a very battered envelope with a World Market card in it. I called WM to verify that this was the new card and not the old on that had been de-valued. I gave the rep the order number (she did not want the actual gift card number) and after several minutes of being on hold, I was told that the one that I had received was the new card and it had $50 on it. I thanked her and hung up.

I started thinking that she had only asked for the order number and there was no way that she would know which one had been delivered -- the old one or the new one -- with just that information since they had the same order number. I called back and got a different rep who then informed me that a new one had NEVER been re-issued because “they don’t do that.” The one I had received was the old one -- now devalued. She told me they had canceled the old one and it was up to me to re-order. She said that they had credited my credit card on 1/2/07.

It is 1/8/07 and I STILL do not see a credit on my card (it was de-valued on 12/21/06).

Visit our website at www.wilmingtontrust.com

Investment products are not insured by the FDIC or any other governmental agency, are not deposits of or other obligations of or guaranteed by Wilmington Trust or any other bank or entity, and are subject to risks, including a possible loss of the principal amount invested. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity who is the intended recipient. Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender by replying to this message and delete this material from any system it may be on.