Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card

Posted on Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007 at 2:34am CST by 68122d9c

Company: Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card

Sir,

I have been a regular user of Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards for about 8 years now. I had 2 cards with a supplementary, and recently an Add On of an Insta Buy. About 6 months ago, I noticed that though the payment for all these were made, the Bank kept charging me "Late Charges" and "Interest" thereon ! Queries were met with disdain, bordering on rudeness. I finally decided to stop all transactions, and also foreclosed the Insta Buy, after checking with the Call Center of the Bank.

The reason given to me for the "Interest" and "Late Charges" is that only one payment was received, and whichever Card first hit their fancy would be cleared, while the others would be termed as defaulters !!! Over a period of the last few months, the Bank has continuously charged interest etc, and brought the amount to a staggering Rs:20,000/- or so.

What is most irksome, is that they consider everyone to be fools. Of course I have stopped making any further payments, mainly because I have stopped using the card(s). But their unique sense of utter disregard for a customer, who has been with them for 8 years+, and given them lakhs of rupees worth business, is truly shocking. I have shifted my focus to CitiBank and ICICI, which are more responsive than these blokes.

Maybe you can warn unsuspecting users of the unprofessional attitude of Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card Division.

K J Samuel