Skippy peanut butter

Posted on Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007 at 5:47pm CST by 15a21ad7

Company: Skippy peanut butter

Hi

I purchased Skippy smooth peanut butter (Unilever) and on the label it clearly says NO TRANS FATS. When I looked at the ingredients when I got home lo and behold it said HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL as an ingredient. Hydrogenated oils are trans fats. This appears to be misleading labelling. It is the 2 kg jar. I purchased it at Food Basics in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I tried calling Skippy but their customer service line was closed. Can you look into this please.

Noreen

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

a151ba7f, 2008-05-03, 06:06PM CDT

Hello. I just came across this. The terminology "partially hydrogenated vegetable oil" is a used to describe a broad range of oils. Although some are associated with trans fats, not all are and the oil used in this product is one of those exceptions. I remember there was a paper from the USDA that looked into the trans fat levels of many types of peanut butters and found that there was no difference between those with this on the label and those without, and that the levels were significantly below the level required to say 0 grams trans fats.

6cb221a5, 2008-05-26, 07:40PM CDT

Skippy also recently reduced the size of their jar from 18 oz to 16.2 oz

1b1c1de2, 2009-07-03, 12:58PM CDT

Hello, I was wondering how much money your company would lose if they change 1 production line in every plant to a diffent product?

Sue P., 2012-08-28, 10:39AM CDT

This is the second time I tried Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter - NO NEED TO STIR??

When you open jar it has oil on top & taste terrible. How can they say NO NEED TO STIR??

I would like my money back. Where do I write this complaint.