The Villas of Gatlinburg - Cabin Rental 12/1 and 12/2 2006/Love Nest#334/False Advertising

Posted on Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007 at 12:02pm CST by 534a0f59

Product: cabin rental

Company: The Villas of Gatlinburg

Location: 201 Parkway Gatlinburg
GATLINBURG, TN, 37738, US

Category: Hotels

The Villas of Gatlinburg 201 Parkway Gatlinburg Tn 37738 Rents cabins! This is my complaint: My name is Nancye and I looked on line and rented the above cabin for the dates indicated and paid in full $288 for the 2 nights. This specific place was picked because it was an anniversary gift for my husband. When we arrived, the key was given to us. We went to the cabin, had to call at the beginning because there was no electricity. That was taken care of. Proceeded to go into the cabin, the floor was dusty with dead bugs everywhere, even in the windows. Proceeded to upstairs, the bed consisted of a bedspread that I would not even let my dog sleep on, matted and nasty, the sheets looked slept on. This was reported that evening and they said maid service would be notified, no maid service at all. I had to get sheets of my own and put on the bed. The hot tub's filter was dirty, the jacuzzi tub had a glass with cotton and a plastic flower and dead bugs in it, how romantic. The tub when tried to put water in it leaked to the kitchen downstairs, the fireplace would not ignite. There were old 8 track movies where the reels were broken from way back. I have never been so upset and disgusted with any place I have ever stayed. The only offer I got when I got home was 10% off next visit, First I don't visit that much and this was suppose to be special and why would I stay with someone that would not compensate for what I went thru. The last e-mail I received was Dec 18th saying my comments were forwarded to appropriate parties. No answer from anyone. I feel I should get a refund, I wasn't offered another cabin, someone to clean the one we were in or anything. This cannot be redone. It is over and you only have the memory of what it was like. I feel I deserve a refund of my money.