Imperial Outdoor Living

Company: Imperial Outdoor Living

Location: 8753 Lion Street
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA, 91730, US

Category: Stores, Shopping

I noticed that you already had one complaint about this company on your website. This is an additional complaint as well as a reply to Mr. Bovard reply. Here is a copy of a letter I sent to Imperial Outdoor Living on November 27, 2006. I did not receive a reply.

I placed my initial order with you on 3/27/06 at the Reno home show; I thought a barbeque island would look nice at our new house. We moved in to our house in May and in June your rep Lori left a message on my home phone. Throughout June I tried to reach her and finally gave up when her cell phone would no longer receive messages. In July I ended up contacting Chris to finalize my stucco selection. I received a confirmation from Lori in August.

In September I was told that our barbeque would deliver October 28th. In early October I get a message from your rep Sonja that the production will be delayed and to call her on her cell phone. I tried to reach her on her cell phone until it would no longer accept messages. I finally got a hold of Mike at your main number. He informed me that there is no delivery dates yet and you would not be producing barbeques until 2007. Since October I have been calling every three weeks to get a delivery date on my barbeque and I get the same answer “we will have production dates in the next couple weeks.”

I am tired of this game, either you have absolutely horrible customer service or you are running a scam. If your business is truly legitimate then I am concerned in quality of your product based on my experience with your customer service. In either case I would like you to refund my money so that we can go our separate ways.

In response to Mr. Bovard response to an earlier complaint, "The consumer is getting a discount of 20-60% over retail. If you put a deposit on a house, a car, a set of encyclopedias for that matter, and simply change your mind, you do not get your money back. This consumer who has remained nameless, still has a deposit with us and can use it toward an island for up to a year if they wish.

The discount is not worth it if you sit on my money for almost a year. I understand the non-refundable deposit only if you follow through on your promise of supplying me with a barbeque. Does this mean if you haven't produced my barbeque by March 27, 2007 I will forfeit my deposit money?

Please feel free to contact me.

Arthur

994701dd, 2008-04-27, 11:46AM CDT

SB COUNTY

Two men arrested in furniture scheme

Two men have been arrested in connection with a three-state fraud scheme. They are suspected of selling furniture through home-improvement shows but never delivering the products, authorities said.

Phillip Bovard, 33, of Upland, and Luis Gutierrez, 39, of Rancho Cucamonga, were taken into custody by the district attorney's Specialized Prosecutions Group.

Bail for Bovard and Gutierrez was set at $1 million each.

The men were corporate officials with Imperial Outdoor Living - a manufacturer and seller of outdoor barbecue islands and patio home furnishings - that sold items in California, Arizona and Nevada.

People placed down payments ranging from $500 to $7,000 for products they never received, authorities said.

Losses are estimated at more than $350,000.

- stacia.glenn@