Posted on Saturday, January 27th, 2007 at 11:16pm CST by 7d6d0455

Company: Bedroom Nightmare-Sofa999 5380 Maingate Drive, Mississauga - Total purchase amount $1,579.72

Dear Sir/Madam:

Can you please help me.

Here's my dilemma,

On Dec. 26/06 I went to the above store to purchase a bedroom and coffee

tables, paid them a deposit of $579.72 (personal cheque) as their visa

machine was not working.

On Jan. 6/07 the furniture was delivered and the dresser was missing, so I

was told to pay $700.

(paid by cibc visa) and the dresser would be delivered at a later date.

After the drivers left I unpacked the bedroom set (the chest, mirror & one

tables was boxed) the rest was wrapped in plastic (foot board,headboard and

other night table). As I was unpacking the chest I noticed the back board was cracked, the headboard was cracked and gauged on one side, the night table had a crack on the top part and the handles were not the correct ones, the mirror had black spots) I immediately called the store and they advised me to call customer service #905-268-0636 which I did and got a machine I left three messages and no one called me back). On Jan 8/07 I called visa to advise of the situation and not to put through the $700. I was advised by Teneesha that they would have to put it through

and to call back on Friday if no resolution by Sofa999. On the same day around 5:00 pm I called customer service and an individual who answered the phone (could not make out the name-conversation is recordered on my voicemail at work). The individual advised me that they would sent out a technician to come and take a look at the damaged

furniture. On Jan 13/07 left another message on the machine #905-268-0636 On Jan 16/07 I called customer service again to find out why no call from technician, the person advised me that they were having service problems with this one firm and he would have someone else from another firm call me to set up an appointment the same night. I did receive a call from the technician Askok Sharma #416-827-0929 and the appointment was set for Jan 19/07 @ 6:30pm.

On Jan 19/07 around 6:16 pm received a call from Askok stating he was stuck in traffic and might not make it, so another appointment made for the next day around 6:00 pm

On Jan 20/07 Askok arrived around 6:15pm and he went to my bedroom to inspect the damaged furniture he agreed to with me it was ok to replace the cracked board on the back of the chest and that the rest of the damage would be replaced as the he knew the manager at store and the manager would listen to him and that he would give me a call during the week.

On Jan 24/07 I received a call from "Harley" (#905-268-0636)who stated he was hired three days ago to handle the outstanding issues they were having with customers, so I told him about my entire dilemma and he advised he

would surely take care of it right away and would call me back.

On Jan. 27/07 in the morning I called customer service and left my name and number.

On Jan. 27/07 in the afternoon I called customer service back again and got a hold of "Harley" who told me that I am not getting the mirror,headboard and night replaced that he would send out the technician again to take a look at the damage???.

I let him know that the damage was already looked at, then he proceeds to tell me all I am going to get is repairs as the items are no longer in stock that was a one time thing and his hands are tied. I advise him this is not acceptable who is the store manager (who he stated does not speak english very well "broken english)and he would just refer me back to Harley.

I was not even offered a subititue bedroom or my money back. I have been without a proper bedroom since Jan 6/07 and sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

After 3 weeks of frustration and poor customer service, I am back to square one.

I wonder how many customers have gone through this type of scam. I have also called Visa again to let them know what happened.

Your help with this matter would be so much appreciated. Thank you

Tina Rebelo H#905-277-5sss B#905-507-9sss ex306

d7d1ffbb, 2008-01-11, 10:08PM CST

See Government of Ontario consumer protection services.

You have to send a written complaint to the business in question. The above letter should do fine, but just in case, you can check a sample letter here:

17923577, 2008-01-11, 10:12PM CST

22c33b28, 2008-01-11, 10:16PM CST

8082be31, 2008-02-04, 03:57PM CST

Unfortunately I have had the same problem but I didnt buy a bedroom set i bought a sofa set last year may 2007 and by september 2 pieces of the sofas were broken and ofcourse when you call the store suddenly nobody understands english. I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE GOT RIPPED OFF BY THESE PEOPLE. I BOUGHT MY FURNITURE AT 5380 MAINGATE AS WELL .. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY MONEY BACK THIS IS NOT RIGHT?

16eb43bc, 2008-02-22, 01:09PM CST

Hi There,

Unfortunately I recently experienced the same problem... We receievd their advertising at our house and we saw this sectional set that we really liked so we purchased the item...

First of all they put the wrong order in, second they told us the color we want is not in stock and we have to wait for a month to receive which we agreed to... To make the long story short after 2 and half months of us calling and inquiring about the furniture we finally receive the item and it was a different color that we had ordered and also it was the wrong side. plus everything was covered in plastic and there were damages all over the furniture.. We went back to the store and I warned them that they better come back and take back the furniture and give my money back as I do not wish to deal with them.. The person who was there claimed he's the new Manager trying to clean-up the mess and cannot refund the money but can give me another set instead... We had payed $2100 for our set and he showed us this other sectional and claimed it was the same price since I couldn't get my money back I decided to get that set... after few days the new set arrives.. again the set seemed to be damaged and the legs did not fit and I noticed they only gave me 3 piece instead of the 4 piece... I went back to store and saw a note that the store has been taken over by the Landlord.. I contacted the # that was on the note and apparently they were evicted from that location.

However we contacted the credit card company and explained the situation, Currently they are investigating the case and I spoke to a lawyer and apparently we have a chance to cancel the money we paid them.. Also I've contacted their headoffice and warned them that I'll be taking them to court for Fraud.. Since then all of a sudden noone speaks English.. but if anyone is willing to take the further step please let me know...

We need to stop them from taking advantage of customers..

16c5cb83, 2009-08-21, 09:44AM CDT

I've had a similar issue with them with our sectional we purchased. Damaged pieces, spots on the leather, broken hinges, etc, etc. The problem was half resolved but we are left with a less than adequate sectional with mismatched pieces. We are thoroughly annoyed with their lack of customer service and professionalism. After sending over 6 emails including pictures of the flawed pieces, calling the store and going in three times, there is no resolution. I will NEVER shop there again nor will I suggest that anyone else shop there. Completely ridiculous and frustrating! I can't even involve the credit card company as they asked that we pay cash for our purchases. At least the manager of the store had good command of the English language, however I cannot say the same for the others who work there. They did not understand my concerns, nor were they helpful at all. We shopped at the North York store at Dufferin and Lawrence. DO NOT shop there.