Color Us Kids - Color Us Kids /Daycare

Product: daycare

Company: Color Us Kids

Location: DOUGLASVILLE, GA, US

Category: Kids, Baby

Beware of these folks and facility! We wouldn't quite say 'don't take your kid there'. For some of you, it may be the only reasonable choice.

However, in the least, ask a lot of questions. If you suspect the worst, it may be just that. In our opinion, we found these folks to be some of the most incompetent and irresponsible group of people making money in the business of 'caring' for children. When we started asking questions about inconsistencies, misrepresentations and what appeared to be outright lies, their responses were defensive, cover up, and more defensive. In our opinion, they don't tell you the truth about the all too often 'accidents' your children get in to. Instead of managing the children you pay them to manage while under their care, they often blame the children for these 'accidents'. In our case, we were given so many excuses as to how bad the other children are who were responsible for our child's accidents. Our gut instinct was, they have folks working at this establishment who could not be gainfully employed at McDonald's. We say so because, even working at McDonald's requires some level of alertness and being aware of one's surroundings, which we have witnessed very little of among the employees at this facility.

When we brought up our many grievances to the owner of the center, her response in essence was 'how dare you!' How dare we make her drive her gas-guzzling Hummer from the comfort of her home where she was watching her daytime soaps to address a potential problem in the business she is running! It is nothing short of chilling to know such a person is in business of caring for children.

We have made formal complaints to the state of GA Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) that is currently under investigation.

Please check the website below for any updates and official previous complaints and disciplinary actions against this daycare provider.

Be an informed parent, your child needs and deserves it!

242bef33, 2010-02-26, 04:37PM CST

With any business that deals with the public in the capacity that a childcare facility does there will inevitably be dissatisfied customers. No one can ever be a substitute for a child's parents.But I have 3 children, and all of them have gone to Color Us Kids from birth to school age. Not once in the 25 yrs of those child's lives that they were attending this facility did I ever feel like the employees or the owners did not have my child's best interests at heart. And unfortunately somtimes accidents did happen. And unfortunately sometimes my children were the cause of such accidents. I dealt with those as a parent should, not by blaming the hardworking people I met during our tenure there. You also make an insult to the people that work at Mcdonald's insinuating they are a lesser person. I would guess YOU probably do not have the intellect or the mental toughness to work at either of these establishments. In closing, it sounds to me like your issues are more with knowing the owner used your money for a Hummer. But while my children attended there they sure seem to have many toys and some really wonderful employees that were also bought and hired with your money.

59fe66dd, 2010-06-27, 09:03PM CDT

It is startling how similar our experience has been with this 'daycare' with our little boy. When we complained, the owner was called, who just rolled in in her Hummer, just to tell us that we complain too much!

'Accidents' are either your own child's or other children's fault. Makes one wonder whether the children are watching themselves throughout the day.

If you care for your children's well being, PLEASE AVOID THIS DAYCARE.

There are many alternatives in the area, which we were oblivious too until the incompetence of these people forced us to start looking around.

We now have a little boy, who waves goodbye calmly when we leave the childcare center he currently attends as opposed crying bloody murder when we left him at Color Us Kids.

cd68c72d, 2010-11-13, 07:25AM CST

I agree wholeheartedly with this complaint. This is a substandard facility filled with substandard people. Consider other facilities in the area, as your options are not limited. There are wonderful people who care for children in a home setting as well.

Don't pay much attention to the commenter above. Guessing from the tone they have assumed in defending the daycare and its owner, I am pretty sure it is one of the employees there or the owner herself.

86923c6e, 2011-05-01, 08:52PM CDT

I have had the same experience at the Color Us Kids in Carrollton. The owner was very ugly to me as well. She doesn't have a very good reputation in Carroll County. Hard to believe she is allowed to take care of children!