Whirlpool Washer/ A&E Factory Services

Posted on Tuesday, January 16th, 2007 at 11:16am CST by 39175000

Company: Whirlpool Washer/ A&E Factory Services

A & E Factory Services 1-800-905-9505 Located in Texas (can never get corporate headquarters)

I own a Whirlpool Washer and when it broke down I callled Whirlpool and they recommended A&E Factory Services for our area in Matawan New Jersey (what a mistake). When I called the first time I waited nearly 2 full weeks. Upon them fixing the machine I bought a service contract thinking I did the right thing and after all WHIRLPOOL RECOMMENDED them (another mistake). Several days later my machine broke again and when I called they told me it would be almost 2 weeks to get someone here. I tried to explain that I just had it fixed and it broke down within 4 days. They did not want to hear it. When they finally came they fixed it a third time on a Monday and it lasted one day. I called them on Wednesday and they told me (after some arguing) that someone would be there on Saturday the 13th. At 3pm on the 13th when no one arrived I called them and they stated that the appointment was for the 20th ten days away from my phone call.

I called Whirpool with this problem, who knows what will happen. Customer Service in Coporate America Gone to the dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT USE A&E FACTORY SERVICE

AND IF WHIRLPOOL KEEPS USING THEM I WOULD SUGGEST BYING ANOTHER BRAND. BY THE WAY THE SERVICE GUY TOLD ME THEY JUST RECEIVED THE MAYTAG CONTRACT.

aa7e00f6, 2008-09-24, 11:06AM CDT

Woohoo... yeah they got the Maytag contract alright... My maytag stove caught fire and whirlpool sent a 1-man wrecking crew from A&E to do a "safety inspection". This man totally disabled my stove, broke 2 parts while taking off the cooktop, and then wanted to charge me almost $1000 for repairs.. some of them being what he had broken!

DO NOT EVER USE A&E FACTORY SERVICE!!!

520207eb, 2008-10-14, 12:06PM CDT

With the economy in such a dismal state, I honestly cannot believe I was charged $150.00 to remove a sock from my dryer vent. I understand business but this is an exhorbanant amount and should be reviewed by your company. I can honestly say I would not recommend A&E Factory Service to anyone based on this cost.

c1058ee5, 2009-07-30, 01:07PM CDT

AHHHH...Deja vu. Im going through the exact same thing right now. Wont bore you with details since it is the same thing. Only ive been dealing with it for 6 months now! Wish me luck!

d4ab92c6, 2012-06-14, 08:15PM CDT

I too own a whirlpool (top of the line)washer that I purchased in 2009 with an additional service contract. When it quit last week, I called Lowe's extended warrenty service.They gave me an appointment for one week later. Today was the appointment day and no one showed. I called Lowe's again and they gave me number of A and E to inquire about problem. I called A & E and got someone with a foreign accent that I could not understand. I gave her my name, address, phone number and reason I was calling. She said she did not have me in her "system",therefore, I did not have an appointment. I explained again that yes I did,in fact rec'd a recorded call from their company yesterday saying they'd be out between 8am and 5pm. She jabbered away and I kindly explained that I could not understand her and could I please speak with somone else. She did not say anything for three minutes. I could tell she was still on line. Finally she put me back to main menu which I tried numerous times and always got a busy signal.I called Lowe's again. They said they'd try again for an appointment next week and I've already waited a week. This is totally unacceptable to me. So I have not heard back from Lowe's. I'm still waiting.